VTR1000 F3 for sale. 2003 big tank model.

Moderator: VTRDark

popkat

Re: VTR1000 F3 for sale. 2003 big tank model.

Post by popkat »

What else could you get for the money ? Well I doubt you'd get another Storm as clean as that !..
There's not even any mottling on the brake line banjo's..
If I was looking for the best storm I could get then I'd pay the money, there's plenty for sale in dealers that are no where near as good but priced the same or more.. Dealer prices to private on a Firestorm should be close, they aren't going to offer any warranty on bikes that old so what do you get from the dealer ?.

This is typical forum talk where owners seem to try hard to devalue their own bikes, I really don't understand it, 2nd hand prices are cheap enough, what else can you get for under £3000..

As mentioned, early Fireblades but they tend to be higher mileage and/or rough, get one as clean as this storm and you'll be paying a lot more. ZX9's won't ever be worth much, they weren't great to start with, most are rough and ropey now and owners are asking too much, they are a sub £2000 bike, before they come up in value the GPZ900, ZXR750, ZX7R etc all have to rise and at the moment they are not fetching what you might think they would.

There you go there's my opinion that no one asked for :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

First of all. I think it's rude and always have done when people make comments on a sales thread that will be seen by some as off putting, especially potential new comers looking for a nice model only to see comments "it's over priced" etc etc. Very rude and really not the done thing on any bike forum.

I didn't ask for any advice despite however you spin it.

Finally, it sold today. Managed to get £2600 so I am pleased with that. A guy on here gave someone not on here the nod and he travelled some distance too. He came, he saw, he fell in love and bought it. Sad day but hey ho that's life. There will always be another bike down the line.

Thanks though to the guys who just commented how nice the bike was on here. And up yours to the guys that feel they need to make comments that really wouldn't help to sell the bike. Now you can go and comment on someone else's thread just for fun or just mind your own business. :whatever
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

popkat wrote:What else could you get for the money ? Well I doubt you'd get another Storm as clean as that !..
There's not even any mottling on the brake line banjo's..
If I was looking for the best storm I could get then I'd pay the money, there's plenty for sale in dealers that are no where near as good but priced the same or more.. Dealer prices to private on a Firestorm should be close, they aren't going to offer any warranty on bikes that old so what do you get from the dealer ?.

This is typical forum talk where owners seem to try hard to devalue their own bikes, I really don't understand it, 2nd hand prices are cheap enough, what else can you get for under £3000..

As mentioned, early Fireblades but they tend to be higher mileage and/or rough, get one as clean as this storm and you'll be paying a lot more. ZX9's won't ever be worth much, they weren't great to start with, most are rough and ropey now and owners are asking too much, they are a sub £2000 bike, before they come up in value the GPZ900, ZXR750, ZX7R etc all have to rise and at the moment they are not fetching what you might think they would.

There you go there's my opinion that no one asked for :lol:

Thanks Popkat, well said. :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

IMO if i were looking for a very sorted storm I'd have paid that money! Glad all went well with the sale :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

me too. I let mine go too cheap probably but sometimes we regret what we sell.

Id give a bol**ck for my RD500 back
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

bigtwinthing wrote:me too. I let mine go too cheap probably but sometimes we regret what we sell.

Tell me about it. :D I have let go too many brilliant two strokes and a few rare bikes in my time. But I wish I'd kept my pristene RG500 years ago.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Hondo wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:me too. I let mine go too cheap probably but sometimes we regret what we sell.

Tell me about it. :D I have let go too many brilliant two strokes and a few rare bikes in my time. But I wish I'd kept my pristene RG500 years ago.
Wish I'd kept my 1970 C50 :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Paultandy

Post by Paultandy »

Wish I'd kept my rd 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:beer: I drink beer like my bike drinks petrol :beer:
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

Watty wrote: Wish I'd kept my 1970 C50 :lol:
Well at least you own the bigger more modern version of it now. :lol: :lol:
moto1818

Post by moto1818 »

You was very fortunate to find someone who had an excess of dosh and prepared to pay £2600 for it, even if it where in good nick. In the North East I'd struggle to get 2k for a non standard machine like that!!!!