what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
podman

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by podman »

Fitted new brake pads today and whilst I was around that area, I cleaned up some light corrosion on the fork leg paint with some fine scotchbrite and a few of those eraser sponges, pleased with the way they came up.

[url]Image

Drained the carbs , removed the battery and apart from a rear tyre which I will get fitted new Spring, thats all I wanted to do to the Storm until next years riding.

Over the last month or so ive spent quite a lot of time cleaning up the metal work and again, using some scotchbrite and my trusty Dremel, managed to make the exhaust headers and some of the brightwork come up quite well.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Kinda bonded with the Storm after the last 12 months or so and working on it recently, next year im aiming to take it on a European tour.

[url]Image
podman

Post by podman »

xeris wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:41 am
podman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:33 pm Fitted new plugs(how much?!) , air filter and subfilters...made easier by "borrowing"the neighbours young lad to connect the forward hoses to the air box lower section..Was easier to start afterwards for definite.

Next jobs to install new pads & buy/fit a new rear tyre, im sure Santa may treat me to that..
That forward hose, the one that seems impossible to get right. Disconnect it from the valve cover pull it through a bit and presto it's done. No need for child hands.

Hopefully I wont have to venture into that area for some time but ill remember that tip when i do..
podman

Post by podman »

bigtwinthing wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm Image
Pics not working bud... :sad2
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

agentpineapple wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 pm started to collect up parts to do a USD front end conversion on the storm. I am coping Lloydie's route of using the Aprillia Touno / RSV components.
so far I have USD forks & Yokes from V4 touno, Radial Brembos, Forged front wheel.

plan is to still keep the flat bars, so hence the Touno yokes.

6 spoke front wheel in gloss black
can I have dibs on the front wheel please mate
Feck me the intermaweb thing works well between here and Spain! The pineapple lurks in the shadows, pouncing on any stray bargains! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:18 pm
fabiostar wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 pm subject to u-turn can i have the fancy bits lol...

until then can i dibs the fork brace :D
you pair will get me in trouble with admin, this is not the sales and wanted section!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no worries al, just keep me in the loop buddy.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

podman wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:35 pm Fitted new brake pads today and whilst I was around that area, I cleaned up some light corrosion on the fork leg paint with some fine scotchbrite and a few of those eraser sponges, pleased with the way they came up.

[url]Image

Drained the carbs , removed the battery and apart from a rear tyre which I will get fitted new Spring, thats all I wanted to do to the Storm until next years riding.

Over the last month or so ive spent quite a lot of time cleaning up the metal work and again, using some scotchbrite and my trusty Dremel, managed to make the exhaust headers and some of the brightwork come up quite well.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Kinda bonded with the Storm after the last 12 months or so and working on it recently, next year im aiming to take it on a European tour.

[url]Image
now that's a clean bike.......well done that man... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 pm
agentpineapple wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 pm started to collect up parts to do a USD front end conversion on the storm. I am coping Lloydie's route of using the Aprillia Touno / RSV components.
so far I have USD forks & Yokes from V4 touno, Radial Brembos, Forged front wheel.

plan is to still keep the flat bars, so hence the Touno yokes.

6 spoke front wheel in gloss black
can I have dibs on the front wheel please mate
Feck me the intermaweb thing works well between here and Spain! The pineapple lurks in the shadows, pouncing on any stray bargains! :lol:
no idea if it's going to be a bargain yet hahahaha, from what al's written in the past, i'm surprised it ain't shaped like a 50p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a nice n shiny gloss black rear wheel in spain, I've been patiently waiting for a front to come up for sale
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

podman wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:39 pm
bigtwinthing wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm Image
Pics not working bud... :sad2
Nope. bloody photobucket of poooo
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Hopefully, new coated wheels, and luggage rack and top box plate. Really happy with the results.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

just coming up for 19,000 miles now.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

that looks proper purdy :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

BTT good to see the mandatory wheelie bin is neatly mounted on the luggage rack :lol:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 pm BTT good to see the mandatory wheelie bin is neatly mounted on the luggage rack :lol:
il have to un dib myself from the fork brace :roll: . my bikes taking a totally different route at the front as of today.. a wee bargain i couldnt miss and a deal was done including a flywheel...

more mancave time needed :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: