what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

and on the rental website there is no comparable fat bar version of the ultra low street bike bar !!!!! , so I will put 7/8th clamps on it in the same position they are today
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:06 pm
Watty wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:00 pm
Nice shoes Chris :thumbup:
:Tongue2:

Chris.
[/quote]
:lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 am
agentpineapple wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 pm that's going to look sweet Al. how does the fork length compare to the storm, as I remember reading the storms fork length is an unusual one, longer than most sports bikes and shorter than most touring bikes.
have to credit Lloydie with the homework on this mod, when he used CKs spare Touno Gen1 bits on his track bike. So, Yes, the forks are the same length as the storm and the yoke offset is also very close.... the big job is to retrofit an early Fireblade stem [in the last picture] into the aprilia yokes. that needs a machine shop to knock up some pressfit spacers both top and bottom.
Dont like by the sound the retrofit of existing stem to another yokes with different diameter. I have draw of new stem where you can modify the lower part, make new one on cnc and press in. Just dont want to share in public, but no problem in pm. Maybe I can draw new one with correct dimensions. For free, not making any business ... :)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:03 pm and on the rental website there is no comparable fat bar version of the ultra low street bike bar !!!!! , so I will put 7/8th clamps on it in the same position they are today
Al have you tried the WRP site for bars? they seem to do a good range and its top class stuff.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So today I finished off the strip down of The Mervinators old motor.

He had said the oil light was staying on & this had started happening after we had done the MCCT on it & found some chewed up plastic bag in the front head... The head had deffinatly been off before as there was black sealent holdingthe rubber gasket in place & smeared around various point on the block, cam cover & on the cam caps. So it was deduced that somone had stuffed it down the tunnel as you do but failed to take it out. This was the type of bag you get when you shop in a cornner store real thin plastic normaly blue. We had pulled a load of it out that was in the head wrapped around the cams.

This is what I found today once I took the sump off...

This being blocked would explain the oil light being on.

This I assume is the reason the bike seized up...

The shells were showing signs of blueing as well.

No other apprent damage from the seizure, the bores are fine, piston tops & heads are a bit sooty/coked up, all the gears have their teeth.

Only one other point of damage is the clutch outer is fubar due to my ham fisted removal procedure...who needs secial tools... :lol:

Question for you all the clutch springs had green paint on them, would that be as standard or poss aftermarket ones...the plates & steels all look fine btw.

Yes the bits are all avaliable apart from...flywheel & the alternator cover, both were needed for the replacment lump, the cam covers are F2 so have the pairs valves in them. The cam cover bolts are being kept as spares. The upper case is needed by A.N.Other. All the other bits are there for the taking.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
how the hell did that happen mac, and I thought I was a bad muck an ic :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

[quote=MacV2 post_id=454355 time=1511544360 user_id=1815]
So today I finished off the strip down of The Mervinators old motor.

He had said the oil light was staying on & this had started happening after we had done the MCCT on it & found some chewed up plastic bag in the front head... The head had deffinatly been off before as there was black sealent holdingthe rubber gasket in place & smeared around various point on the block, cam cover & on the cam caps. So it was deduced that somone had stuffed it down the tunnel as you do but failed to take it out. This was the type of bag you get when you shop in a cornner store real thin plastic normaly blue. We had pulled a load of it out that was in the head wrapped around the cams.

No other apprent damage from the seizure, the bores are fine, piston tops & heads are a bit sooty/coked up, all the gears have their teeth.

Only one other point of damage is the clutch outer is fubar due to my ham fisted removal procedure...who needs secial tools... :lol:

Question for you all the clutch springs had green paint on them, would that be as standard or poss aftermarket ones...the plates & steels all look fine btw.

Yes the bits are all avaliable apart from...flywheel & the alternator cover, both were needed for the replacment lump, the cam covers are F2 so have the pairs valves in them. The cam cover bolts are being kept as spares. The upper case is needed by A.N.Other. All the other bits are there for the taking.
[/quote
maybe this is worth a punt mac?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-FIREST ... SwmudaEyV0
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

If it was a bag for life take it back and get new un...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
podman

Post by podman »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:26 pm So it was deduced that somone had stuffed it down the tunnel as you do but failed to take it out. This was the type of bag you get when you shop in a cornner store real thin plastic normaly blue. We had pulled a load of it out that was in the head wrapped around the cams.

Did you try Honda to see if you could get it done under warranty? :biggrin

Thats a major fook up by someone..
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

holy sh1t that looks grim....as for the clutch springs i put new EBC springs in both mine and they were green...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 pm holy sh1t that looks grim....as for the clutch springs i put new EBC springs in both mine and they were green...
Ahh..Thanks... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:26 pm So today I finished off the strip down of The Mervinators old motor.

No wonder there was a problem :crazy: Well found Mac,

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Changed the front and rear "mini" indicators - they look alright but too small for my liking, this is a before shot:

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Liberated these from a members old engine. :thumbup:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

freeridenick wrote:Liberated these from a members old engine. :thumbup: