What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by AMCQ46 »

Snow everywhere and knob heads who can't drive up a little hill so block the road for the rest of us.
Took me 2hr to do a trip that should have been 15 miles this morning because I kept having to find an alternative rout that wasn't blocked. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep, we had nearly an inch and a bit of slush, however more than half the office left at 10.00 and the office mngr closed it at 15.00.
There was almost no snow left by then!

Useful though, as mr smug bastald with my 4x4 (me) had the engine management light o today so I had time to limp it in the menders before they closed and I'm on the bus tomorrow... :thumbdown:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Parcel Force running about the country with a box of parts for me...... :confused :confused :confused at least call to my fuking door...ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Loosing the near side mirror on a downed tree !!
All because a nob in a artic felt the need to cross the double white lines on a blind bend while I was coming the other way !!!!
Better the mirror than a head on with another truck !!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Quite right mate. Mirrors you can replace, our little sheep abuser we need to keep safe! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Chippieminton

Post by Chippieminton »

People who botch up jobs that are supposed to be done properly. Still don't have my bike due to this, having signed up on here three or four weeks ago. Very annoying.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Day off...Woke up @ blimmin 03.00 hrs FFS !

It's raining.

I have a dentist appointment @09.20 & drilling will be involved & the gits charge £56 for the privalige...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Interweb went down and bt have charged me £120.00 to fix their own fecking equipment.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:27 am Interweb went down and bt have charged me £120.00 to fix their own fecking equipment.
Put a complaint in to Offcom or whoever it is that deals with the showerofshites...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Plifftysiks poonds lafter I'm hooom.

Hiv to drunk mi cobby frew a straw nd hop i dint drobble too mich.

Nit too bid wid the drilliong bit the numbumin injkshuns is miking it dufficult to spike ...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You’ll be ok mac till it wares off then you’ll be dribbling like normal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm You’ll be ok mac till it wares off then you’ll be dribbling like normal Image
Ha ha ...oi hang on!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

3 fuking days in a row parcel farce have pissed me off....like we cant find your parcel :redface :redface ...yeah the one with the great big long fecking set of forks in it...knobs...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:31 pm 3 fuking days in a row parcel farce have pissed me off....like we cant find your parcel :redface :redface ...yeah the one with the great big long fecking set of forks in it...knobs...
That's a bit worrying Rob, fingers crossed and everything else they find them very soon,

Chris.
budd

Post by budd »

the top engine mount breaking off the wife's new shape VW Beetle, she's coming home from work and notices something is wrong and as the foresight to pull over and ring me, I arrive and it's pretty obvious what's happened the engine is no longer level, anyway there's nothing I can do at the side of the road I figure it's unlikely to actually fall out so as it's not far I elect to drive it home, nice and steady all is going well until a particularly nasty speed hump takes the sump out !! by the time I get home the oil light is flashing and there's an impressive trial of oil leading down the road and up my drive bugger !! When I investigate the rather large cast alloy engine mount is wedged between the engine and inner wing the cam pulley as cut an decent section out it quite how it's not taken the belt out I don't know but at least the belt is still in one piece. Turns out 2 of the 3 retaining bolts have snapped the 3rd is just gone, so I have two to remove one of which is on the side of the block with very limited access I'm hoping I can get in with right angled drill and then use an easy out to remove it other wise it's an engine out job !!
So why should this happen ? my first thought was that the bolts weren't correctly tightened when the cambelt was changed and it's worked loose but according to the S/H this was nearly 2 yrs ago, we've had it nearly a yr so you'd think if it wasn't correctly tightened up then it would have come lose already, so it's a bit of a mystery. I've done a bit of research and it turns out that while not a regular occurrence this isn't unknown and can effect all newish VWs, it seems the engine mount bolts are stretch bolts so essentially one use bolts, now I know stretch bolts are commonly use on cylinder heads but I didn't realise them were also used in other area, so it seems when the cambelt was done they weren't replaced but to be fair to whoever did it if I'd done I wouldn't have replaced them either, when I've done cambelts before or even engine changes I've never replaced any of the bolts.
They must have some reason for them using stretch bolts maybe it's a production line thing but I think the morale here is particularly on newer cars is to check the bolt specs on critical applications.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .