GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

Re: GrainStorm V

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:21 pm He’s just lulling you into a false sense of security whilst he grooms you! Next it will “oops I’ve dropped a biscuit “ then, when you bend over............
I’ll be there mate and I’ll bring me Dad(Baycat) and meGrandad (AJ!!!!)
:lol:

:lol: :lol: 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Hi guys, I still need to fit the MCCT’s that I got from Bazza! If the bike makes it with the old ones fitted but it’s worth the risk to see you guys and get some professional advice and even help putting them in..
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm So any one needing any work then ?
Brake and clutch fluid replaced
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

if i can get the planets to line up i may get over for a spin :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:24 pm if i can get the planets to line up i may get over for a spin :clap:
Woohoo.... :Woohoo1:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Solarboy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 pm Hi guys, I still need to fit the MCCT’s that I got from Bazza! If the bike makes it with the old ones fitted but it’s worth the risk to see you guys and get some professional advice and even help putting them in..Image
No problem. It might be worth well in advance having a go at removing the large inspection cap on the Generator Cover. They are really soft & bugger up easy. Give at least an overnight soak with Plusgas & with the best correct size allen key try to undo it. IF it lossens off easily just nip it back up, better still clean any PlusGas off, then put some copperslip on before doing it back up but don't go mad tightening it.

Chances are it will round off. Fear not there are ways & means but it involves a big hammer & tends to muller the cap so go to Dave Silvers & buy a new one just in case...https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/p/hon ... t7-000/cap this is US site but the part number is the sam £12-£15 +shipping.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Just bring some fresh Dot4 fluid Master Braker Jonsey will be on hand to help you fettle your hydraulics. :thumbup:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I'd really like to try and get to this. Being born and bred in Gravesend (well, actually born in Northfleet) I've got plenty of rellies in the area. Mind you, none on Grain, so they all have the regulation number of fingers and toes. I haven't been down for many years.

pm me your address and phone number and I'll put it in my diary. Can't promise like, and I'll not need any work doing, but you never know...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:49 pm
alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Just bring some fresh Dot4 fluid Master Braker Jonsey will be on hand to help you fettle your hydraulics. :thumbup:
Will do
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 pm I'd really like to try and get to this. Being born and bred in Gravesend (well, actually born in Northfleet) I've got plenty of rellies in the area. Mind you, none on Grain, so they all have the regulation number of fingers and toes. I haven't been down for many years.

pm me your address and phone number and I'll put it in my diary. Can't promise like, and I'll not need any work doing, but you never know...
Your Barred with comments like that !

Hahahaha No be good to see you if you can make it... PM on way.
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:
Solarboy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 pm Hi guys, I still need to fit the MCCT’s that I got from Bazza! If the bike makes it with the old ones fitted but it’s worth the risk to see you guys and get some professional advice and even help putting them in..Image
No problem. It might be worth well in advance having a go at removing the large inspection cap on the Generator Cover. They are really soft & bugger up easy. Give at least an overnight soak with Plusgas & with the best correct size allen key try to undo it. IF it lossens off easily just nip it back up, better still clean any PlusGas off, then put some copperslip on before doing it back up but don't go mad tightening it.

Chances are it will round off. Fear not there are ways & means but it involves a big hammer & tends to muller the cap so go to Dave Silvers & buy a new one just in case...https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/p/hon ... t7-000/cap this is US site but the part number is the sam £12-£15 +shipping.
Thanks for the advice, I’ll be sure to make sure I give it a go well in advance to make sure I’m prepared.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I still have my old centre caps which came off clean. Remind me closer to the day and I’ll bring them along for you.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Kev L wrote:I still have my old centre caps which came off clean. Remind me closer to the day and I’ll bring them along for you.
Thanks Kev, very kind of you. I’de be happy to pay for or replace any parts. Image
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They’re just sitting in my spares box. No charge.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:36 am They’re just sitting in my spares box. No charge.
He says that Solar but be warned this is just the start...The common name for it is Grooming...He'll soon be telling you that you owe him & his blue helmet needs cleaning...he is colour blind he means purple...