Factory Pro Kit and Ignition Advancer

General Bike chat
lloydie

Re: Factory Pro Kit and Ignition Advancer

Post by lloydie »

carmanbikes wrote:Who does the 4 degree advances the factory pro one is 2 degree
They did a +4’ as well . It’s what I had fitted to mine
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I have + 4 as well .

I was told that these are really hard to get now .

No noticeable difference in operating temperature for me .
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

carmanbikes wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:43 pm Who does the 4 degree advancers the factory pro one is 2 degree
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Been on to Factory Pro and they no longer have the 4 degree ones only 2 degree ones :thumbdown:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Have a look at the jauce.com site, there is an HRC ignition box for sale if you want it (just remember they don`t have a rev limiter; found out the hard way)... An Ignitech unit is also an option as it`s adjustable so you can input whatever curve you want....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Have a look here mate. I believe this is the correct part number. Google translate will be required.

http://www.berantuning.cz/Detail.aspx?Ids=1156
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I hope that picture is not the exact item as it's wrong. They look exactly like the ones we have on there as standard accept for a few smaller details hardly noticeable unless side by side.
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:48 pm I hope that picture is not the exact item as it's wrong. They look exactly like the ones we have on there as standard accept for a few smaller details hardly noticeable unless side by side.
Yea I would imagine it is just a stock picture. The part number is the Firestorm one. Couldn't find it anywhere else
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Check your pm's Rob :thumbup:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

mik_str wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 am Have a look at the jauce.com site, there is an HRC ignition box for sale if you want it (just remember they don`t have a rev limiter; found out the hard way)... An Ignitech unit is also an option as it`s adjustable so you can input whatever curve you want....
Both of these are the only real answer IMHO also remember that a HRC box only works with the first gen. of the bike. If you have a clock, the ecu will not plug into your harness.

It has also been said that the fixed advancers were made for the map in the early bikes, so if you have a later bike it is hard to say where the advance actually ends up when you install one. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

8541Hawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 pm
mik_str wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 am Have a look at the jauce.com site, there is an HRC ignition box for sale if you want it (just remember they don`t have a rev limiter; found out the hard way)... An Ignitech unit is also an option as it`s adjustable so you can input whatever curve you want....
Both of these are the only real answer IMHO also remember that a HRC box only works with the first gen. of the bike. If you have a clock, the ecu will not plug into your harness.

It has also been said that the fixed advancers were made for the map in the early bikes, so if you have a later bike it is hard to say where the advance actually ends up when you install one. :thumbup:
Hi Hawk, My bike is an early 16l tank model
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

carmanbikes wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:31 pm Hi Hawk, My bike is an early 16l tank model
Then all the ignition bits should work for you. As long as you have the early style gauge cluster you have the proper harness for the ECU and the proper stock map for the advancers.
With that, there were actually 3 to choose from +2,+4 &+6. The only one worth running was the +4 by the dyno runs from back in the dark ages. Even then it was only good for 1 HP but smoothed things out a bit.
I never had any heat issues when I ran mine but possibly if mounted in a later year bike it might.

They work OK and I ran one for a few years. It does give a bit of mid-range boost but you end up with too much advance if you run in the upper ranges.
The HRC boxes actually back the timing off in the upper RPM range as compared to the "stock" map
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

8541Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:28 am
carmanbikes wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:31 pm Hi Hawk, My bike is an early 16l tank model
Then all the ignition bits should work for you. As long as you have the early style gauge cluster you have the proper harness for the ECU and the proper stock map for the advancers.
With that, there were actually 3 to choose from +2,+4 &+6. The only one worth running was the +4 by the dyno runs from back in the dark ages. Even then it was only good for 1 HP but smoothed things out a bit.
I never had any heat issues when I ran mine but possibly if mounted in a later year bike it might.

They work OK and I ran one for a few years. It does give a bit of mid-range boost but you end up with too much advance if you run in the upper ranges.
The HRC boxes actually back the timing off in the upper RPM range as compared to the "stock" map
Hi Hawk, I think I have managed to get a +4 one not received it yet but it is in the post to me :thumbup:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Sounds good. Now to decide if you want to keep the "anti-rattle" gear when you install it.
If you do, I can give you the steps to keep the spring tension. If you remove it, just watch the spring as it is easy to drop one and of course it will end up in the pan :problem:
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

8541Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 am Sounds good. Now to decide if you want to keep the "anti-rattle" gear when you install it.
If you do, I can give you the steps to keep the spring tension. If you remove it, just watch the spring as it is easy to drop one and of course it will end up in the pan :problem:
Hi Hawk, I think I will keep the anti rattle gear as I don't know of an advantage of removing it, Thanks buddy