a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Varastorm

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by Varastorm »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 am Now all you need is a nice, shiny milled bottom yolk from Stephan.
Na, what he needs is an Aprilia front end :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:02 am well after postie lost my forks :redface they turned up so a wee clean and started the trial fit, i think i need new spacers as the storm ones are to short.... so blade front end it is for the blue girl.

New pads and a clean up and thats the front end kinda done.

8) :thumbup:

I'm glad they turned up eventually, not something you can easily replace. They look the dog's,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cheers chris.. :D

and the rest off you... stop with the ideas lol..im in deep enough as it is ffs.

and i sold my mori cans today :sad2 :sad2 .. needs must but they went to a big mate chris who was last seen tucking them up in bed to keep them warm so they went to a loving home..

to be replaced with??? :erection: we will see...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 am Now all you need is a nice, shiny milled bottom yolk from Stephan.
True that :)

Not only it looks better, front end is working much better too, as oem steel triples are the weakest part of whole front suspension. That is why new upside down forks are feeling generally better over std ones, it always comes with better triples.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Rob, that blue bike changes spec more often than you change your soiled y fronts ;)

Is going to look good, but it already did :lol:

And the lads are right about the bottom yoke, it's a big weakness in the stock bike
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Dam you all for making sense :D .. really this winter is just doing what i should have done last winter but couldnt afford to or ran outa time and wanted it on the road to enjoy..

bottom yoke put onto list, as an when :eek2
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Thankyou lord for getting all those planets to line up :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 .

to be continued very shortly :problem: :problem:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 am Thankyou lord for getting all those planets to line up :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 .

New cams??
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:42 pm
fabiostar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 am Thankyou lord for getting all those planets to line up :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 .

New cams??
i really cant say JUST yet nick. i dont want to scud myself :thumbup:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

I know that feeling, though I am close to a "what's in the box"? day myself :shh: :silent:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

8541Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm I know that feeling, though I am close to a "what's in the box"? day myself :shh: :silent:
its the buzz we all crave...
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

I guess I am currently in the VTR gods favor as the box showed up just now, about a week early :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ok boys sit down with a coffee and let me bore you//

these spondons, the 6 as they started out as.... iv spent over a year digging, and talking to everybody i can. and some who maybe didnt wana share the info....

but i wanted to know the history of my bike. i didnt want anybody to be able to say, baldrocks thats not the real deal...well it is,at least now I know it is... :clap: iv been down some blind alleys and chased bikes that had nothing to do with mine...

its been a bike that was never raced. its been deve heals bike.its been rogers sons bike, its been a copy ,its been mike edwards bike. :crazy:

very long story short. my bike came to Ireland. the motor blew up and it ended up rebuilt into a street fighter... complete baldrocks that turned out to be.. iv spoken to the owner of said street fighter. he confirmed that as baldrocks as he bought the fighter in london with his mori motor already in it. :silent: still with me?

then a chance fone call from the man who actaully owned my bike, the guy who bought it from Revolution racing all those years ago.

he then told me the proper story, first hand from the horses mourh not second hand.. i then checked that story out with Roger who sold the bike to him, and it all checked out..

so. im only dealing with my bike, i have also found out a lot of interesting stuff about the other bikes but thats for there owners to know and not for me to go spilling my guts about.. :thumbup: .

its taken 14 months or so but im like a dog with a bone, i wouldnt let go until i found out..from chassis numbers and the PB2 markings (fuk thats another story all of it own) and the fact mines marked as an HUK bike in its paperwork i can at last say.

i got myself Mike (spike) Edwards ex race bike. :thumbup: .
it doesnt have his motor but has the motor i found last summer, a stage two. motors come and go it was always about the chassis. and after riding mine if its not fast enough, either its major baldrocks being talked or you really need to ride it first lol..

theres a few we bits and bobs missing of mine chassis wise, but that will be sorted next week :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ahmen......done at last...

next
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

1998?

British Super Stock Championship: Team 18-30 VTR 1000, Snetterton - 6th,

Donington Park - Blown up on first lap of practice.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Wicky wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:33 pm 1998?

British Super Stock Championship: Team 18-30 VTR 1000, Snetterton - 6th,

Donington Park - Blown up on first lap of practice.
was that Edwards or Rogers sons bike?

the one thing i cant find atm is a picture or Edwards on the bike.. :o

how the hell did you even go about finding that out :thumbup: :thumbup: iv seen an entry list from that meeting and both bikes are entered as 18/30 club bikes thats the best i can do atm.