The Stunting Thread......

General Bike chat
monomaster

Post by monomaster »

Stormin Ben wrote:[
Sorry my mistake there... 10 o'clock is more like it. A balancepoint is where the drivechain is unloaded allowing you to change gear & requires less accelaration to maintain! You can feel the BP better sittingdown, however a mono is far easier to control & steer whilst standing. You can actually come out from behind a vehicle & overtake then merge back into the lane again whilst standing!!!!
Happiness is a 200kph mono past a Catholic Schoolgirl excursion
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

monomaster wrote:
Squiffythewombat wrote:OUCH @ some of these crash stories....

ARHHH Sprockets...as it happens im just about to order a new sprocket but ive got a few days "leeway" so maybe i should go more than 2 teeth up on the rear? What do you reccon?
Mate, true slow mono's require about a minimum of a 55 tooth rear spocket generally. This size rear will also require a replacement longer chain. Down side is it makes the bike unsuitable for general road riding.

My advice personally, unless you want to stunt as a primary means of riding, stick to your 2 - 3 up rear sprocket & go for distance instead. Or start trying highchairs.... :wink:
Oh...stay away from wheelchairs though :lol: :lol: :lol:
If i had the money i would DEFINATLY have a gixerthou with no fairings just to stunt on, but hey whos dreaming...

Ill stick to three teeth up on the back, standard on front then? Im assuming i should see a nice difference with this setup? I mean if i can get her up on stock gearing should the larger back sprocket make them much easier with less "hoiking"?

Highchairs...lol, ive tried this 3 times now and left a dirty brown trail down the road!

A couple of things that appear much harder than they are in my opinion:

Tank Stands, ive done these a few times and they dont appear to be that hard just un-nerving (note: dont try with your tank bag still on- it hurts!)

Sit down wheelie with outstretched legs (cant remmber the stunt name) but this is just a stock wheelie with your groin wedging on the tank and legs lofting?

One handed knee down.....get in the "groove" as i call it, keep your right arm bent and elbow facing outwards, you will notice once the bike has the correct lean angle and its planted stearing with one hand is just the same as normal...... nothing beats waving to the crowd on one knee (refer to new thread)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
monomaster

Post by monomaster »

Squiffythewombat wrote: Ill stick to three teeth up on the back, standard on front then? Im assuming i should see a nice difference with this setup? I mean if i can get her up on stock gearing should the larger back sprocket make them much easier with less "hoiking"?
You mean you haven't gone 1 down on the front too? I would be doing this as well. I run 1 down 2 up on mine with 520 sizing.
Squiffythewombat

monomaster wrote:
Squiffythewombat wrote: Ill stick to three teeth up on the back, standard on front then? Im assuming i should see a nice difference with this setup? I mean if i can get her up on stock gearing should the larger back sprocket make them much easier with less "hoiking"?
You mean you haven't gone 1 down on the front too? I would be doing this as well. I run 1 down 2 up on mine with 520 sizing.
Nope! Im still on totally stock gearing! The thing is, as you may or may not of gathered from previous threads, im in a bad finaical postion so cant really afford new chains etc.

I know a front sprocket doesnt cost much but if i change that to one down and back to two up i would need a new chain would i not?

Thanks as usal for your wealth of advice!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

monomaster

Post by monomaster »

Squiffythewombat wrote: Nope! Im still on totally stock gearing! The thing is, as you may or may not of gathered from previous threads, im in a bad finaical postion so cant really afford new chains etc.

I know a front sprocket doesnt cost much but if i change that to one down and back to two up i would need a new chain would i not?

Thanks as usal for your wealth of advice!
No mate..... You can use the standard chain for 1 down 2 up! Any more on the back & you would need a longer chain...
The say you should always change the chain with the sprocket, but under financial duress... well do as you will ;)
Squiffythewombat

monomaster wrote: No mate..... You can use the standard chain for 1 down 2 up! Any more on the back & you would need a longer chain...
The say you should always change the chain with the sprocket, but under financial duress... well do as you will ;)
You mean this chain, lol :

That was before it was cleaned, but yeah im on a real budget, bikes still off the road while i save for tyres!

In that case i will go 1 down and 2 up like you say! Im assuming this is 14/43 ? Will this lift the front in 3rd? (because that would rock!)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

monomaster

Post by monomaster »

Squiffythewombat wrote: You mean this chain, lol :

That was before it was cleaned, but yeah im on a real budget, bikes still off the road while i save for tyres!

In that case i will go 1 down and 2 up like you say! Im assuming this is 14/43 ? Will this lift the front in 3rd? (because that would rock!)
HOLY CRAP Dude! Thats the worst chain i've ever seen... 8O

You want a 15 tooth front sprocket (16 tooth is standard) & 43 on the back! This will lift the front in 3rd easy!
monomaster

Post by monomaster »

Stormeruk wrote:8O finally.... managed a sweet change into second , as you say , no clutch . once I'd done it I tried it again with even better success . scary though when not used to it.. :D
And so it begins.... :mrgreen:
Squiffythewombat

LOOOL Mono.... you should see the rest of the bike, 3 hard summers and 2 harder winters have taken their toll!

Ben, well done matey! Like mono says youll find its addictive, i still dont really have the 1/2 changes down, very "clonky"
Squiffy_The_Wombat

zimr2006

Post by zimr2006 »

pic of me on theVTR when i first got it haven't had much of a chance to get any more pics of the VTR

go here to see a small clip of me on my 03 GSXR 1000
:twisted:
growing old is compulsary
growing up is optional

zimr2006

Post by zimr2006 »

here are a few close up pics on the mods done on the VTR ( not street legal ) however the crash bars would be if i had the bike on the road
growing up is optional

zimr2006

Post by zimr2006 »

:D if anyone would like more info on what has been done to the bike or how to do wha i have alredy done i will happerly answer any questions
growing up is optional

c dub

Post by c dub »

Stormeruk wrote:8O finally.... managed a sweet change into second , as you say , no clutch . once I'd done it I tried it again with even better success . scary though when not used to it.. :D
I got 1st gear down, like all day.. blip, blip, blip... I am also on my second VTR. why?

I was over-zelous shifting (no clutch) while mid-wheelie...
and flipped the bitch. Now, I bought another vtr and another 2-brothers full exhauste ($1,000 USD)...and not really wanting to do that again...

Just want 2nd gear stand-ups, no shifting. call me a wuss.
Two Brothers Carbon Fiber - Full System
c dub

Post by c dub »

zimr2006
you are sick with the wheelies!
what size sproket are do you have on the rear?!?!?!?
Two Brothers Carbon Fiber - Full System
Squiffythewombat

c dub wrote:

Just want 2nd gear stand-ups, no shifting. call me a wuss.
Nothing wrong with those, they still look cool!

as for zimmers sprockets, i think its 2 teeth on the front and 150 on the back! :D
Squiffy_The_Wombat