Brake Discs pt2

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
essexbloke

Brake Discs pt2

Post by essexbloke »

see my post under sales & wants.......

i desperatly need new discs for front & rear........

anyone help?????
thetyrant

Post by thetyrant »

Might be able to...depends on how desperate you are?...i have just replaced my front discs with EBC prolites...reasons :

1.slight vibration under heavy braking although not really that bad im just very fussy.
2. Discs are mismatched.. right is a firestorm disc but left looks like a RVF400 disc, they are the correct fitment ( diameter,hole pitch & offset etc) just the centre pattern cutouts are very slightly different.

Let me know if they are of interest to you, was going to keep them as spares but if you want them make me an offer.

Cheers

Ian
Cumbria - It may be quiet but it has some of the best roads in the world :-)

98 VTR1000 Firestorm in Yellow - Micron Race carbon cans, Ohlins shock, Revolution Fork upgrade.....
94 Mitsubishi Evo2 - 2.3stroker @ 1.8 bar, 400bhp & 420 Ft/lbs..eeek
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

ok, so the next question is.....

i'm a complete numpty when it comes to fitting etc........(everything usually gets done at the dealer)

is it easy??? how do the originals come off??? is is possible for a complete idiot (moi) to do it.......

oh, and havnt got a clue what they're worth, so gis us a ball park figure !!!!!!

Ps, when you mention small vibration, that's what the dealer reckoned i should have been feeling, which suggests theyre warped too (surely).....

(i could be wrong though), as i say, i just ride the thing......
thetyrant

Post by thetyrant »

OK...yes its a straight forward job, providing you have the right tools and a means to support the front of the bike off the ground so you can remove the front wheel. However if in doubt you dont want to me getting things wrong when it comes to the front brakes on a 150+mph motorcycle.

Yes the discs are very slightly warped and thats why they vibrate, i thought you had maybe damaged your discs and thats why you needed to replace them....guess not...if you are wanting to cure vibration you gona need some better ones than mine....either Firestorm, CBR600 or RVF400 ones all fit, but they are all hard to find second hand in good nick.

Try this guy he oftens has them though - graeme.france@tesco.net

Ian
Cumbria - It may be quiet but it has some of the best roads in the world :-)

98 VTR1000 Firestorm in Yellow - Micron Race carbon cans, Ohlins shock, Revolution Fork upgrade.....
94 Mitsubishi Evo2 - 2.3stroker @ 1.8 bar, 400bhp & 420 Ft/lbs..eeek
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

EssexBloke,

Get Del to do it for you. He is a top man and what he doesnt know about the VTR isnt worth knowing.

Cheers
Wayne
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

cheers m8. he's offered under sales & wants....

he's also hopefully got a spare set of discs up for grabs.......(fingers crossed)

(things are starting to look a little less bleak now........)
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Del....got your PM, cheers m8.....

will let you know asap.......(after 14th)