intake pop/backfire

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
74eldiablo

intake pop/backfire

Post by 74eldiablo »

yesterday having my second ride on the bike, i noticed that there seemed to be a type of backfire (or pop) whilst throttling up to speed, it does have some aftermarket end cans (unknown)

When i picked up the bike this didnt happen and i bought the bike with a stone cold engine.

Could this be that because i have put back in the baffle or what ever the thingymagig is called i really dont want them in, but i leave for work at 5.30am and sometimes arrive back home on another shift at past 12am so dont want to piss off the neighbours.

Could this be related or is it jetting related?
any recommendations on jet kits? are the worth it ? which ones are good/bad?
how much is a carb balance should this be the fly in the ointment.

thanks
Wicky

Re: intake pop/backfire

Post by Wicky »

Do you mean under the tank? then its carb fart which is quite normal

Just make sure idle is set to 1200 plus to lessen the likelehood of it stalling in low speed turns. Setting TPS and carb balance won't do any harm (see knowledgebase section to see what's involved)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

As well as what Wicky mentions, I find mine does this more often when the idle mixture is set a bit rich.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

if its exhaust related, go round all the exhaust joints and feel for small blow outs, the gaskets get a hard time on these big girls .. normally the rear downpipe one starts first because of the heat build up, sucks in air and starts popping and banging.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, if it doesn't do this then loosening the clamp usually fixes it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:26 pm Yes, if it doesn't do this then loosening the clamp usually fixes it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
74eldiablo

Post by 74eldiablo »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:26 pm Yes, if it doesn't do this then loosening the clamp usually fixes it.
Yes i think i will try backing it right off :clap: