Should I...

Write-off?
40%
Repair?
60%

Total votes: 15

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Thanks for the advice & well-wishes, guys!

Yes, the Storm's my only transport. This morning, I think it was in pay-back mode... Had to park the poor beast outside while I ran a little country hospital overnight. After I'd chipped the ice off the seat at about 7 this morning, she turned over okay, but just refused to start. Had to call road-side assistance to get me on my way. Just how one wants to spend one's hour or so after one finishes a night duty :roll: .

I'm getting along much better now. The knee's a lot more bendy (although that could be in some part due to the excessive doses of not-quite-over-the-counter analgesia I've been throwing at it). And the strength seems to be returning to my left arm too :) .

After I binned it, I continued on to meet a group for a day ride, as intended. Wasn't too bad initially, but towards the end of the day, the ol' knee was getting stiffer & stiffer (& the indicator, flappier & flappier...). Of course, while we were stopped for lunch, I got a call about working a night duty that night, followed by an afternoon shift the next day & then another night duty (last night), all being in charge at hospitals I'd never been to. So right now, I'm completely stuffed & can't think straight enough to decide what I want to do Storm-wise. If I don't get called in again tonight, I'll head to Brisbane tomorrow & see what's around. I think if I go that way, it'd be 2nd hand, so we'll see. Shall keep you posted.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Oh and my beloved novelty horn now barely whispers... :cry: :cry: :cry:
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sorry to hear about your off.nasty!!but at least your ok! :)
ImageImageImageImage
gcs

Post by gcs »

Another tragedy, sad to hear of your OFF. :cry: :cry: :cry:

good to see you are almost OK :D :D :D :D

as for the bike, sorry, I dont know wot I would do.

:oops: :oops:

Perhaps a project is on the cards :?: :?:
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

TRAGIC!! The main thing is your'e in one piece the bike can be repaired/replaced you can't. Good luck with whatever you do hope your sorted quick xx :( :(
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
stu9000

Re: It had to happen sooner or later...

Post by stu9000 »

Very glad to hear your on the mend.
Anything you can walk away from... and all that.
VTRgirl wrote: I was up on my feet with the bike uprighted before I really knew what had happened.
Funny how it works like that isnt it.
Can't believe you carried on with your ride out!
Your made of tough stuff.
VTRgirl wrote: front side faring is stuffed, indicator now with tape, gear leaver bent & scratches to the mirror cover, clutch, handle-bar, footpeg, exhaust system + cans, all on the left.

dint in the tank

helmet, boots, jeans & jacket.
Personally Id be tempted to write it off.
Obviously big costs are the faring and exhaust.
Its actually a bit of a tough call.

All that hassle, and you dont know if other problems might surface.
Id be sure to have everything REALLY carefully checked. Frame, wheels,
Disks. EVERYTHING. You need to know where you are before you
make a decision and you dont want any niggles later that make the
bike just a bit less good than it was before.

That said, would it be that hard to fix her up?
Make a claim and try and source cheap parts.
When I T boned a white van my view was its his fault so throw money
at it till ive got my bike back. In your case there is no other party
but you ARE insured. Thats what its for isnt it?
red is the fastest colour;)
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

100k, Kaz? Try about 1,500.

Thanks for the advice, Stu. I'm still on the undecided bus :? .
stu9000

Post by stu9000 »

I think the lads are right.
1500k is enough to know your bike again.

How about you?
red is the fastest colour;)
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Update...

Well, I've found me the perfect alternative :D .

Somebody wonderful has popped out of the woodwork wanting to buy my Storm for $6,000, which is ball park for what I would've got for a write-off. So I'll get her fixed through the insurance, make a man very happy as he joins the Storm-riding ranks & shout m'self one of the last brand newies, I think. I'll have a bit of a look for a near new, but reckon I might just go the whole hog. Never had a brand spanker for a vehicle before, but I think the kms I cover make it justifiable. So all in all, I'm rather chuffed.

Me-wise, I'm just about all better. Still a bit of a sore knee, but that's only temporary. Definitely on the mend.

Keep an eye out for our new member (possibly Mr VTRgirl... :wink: :roll: :lol: ). There'll definitely be some updates in that area...
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

Unlucky about the crash. :( Hope you heal soon and get back on the road. Good luck with finding a new job. hopefully help u fund the new bike :wink:
Max

Post by Max »

Glad things are working out for you
Max

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:Update...

Somebody wonderful has popped out of the woodwork wanting to buy my Storm for $6,000, which is ball park for what I would've got for a write-off. So I'll get her fixed through the insurance, make a man very happy as he joins the Storm-riding ranks & shout m'self one of the last brand newies, I think. I'll have a bit of a look for a near new, but reckon I might just go the whole hog. Never had a brand spanker for a vehicle before, but I think the kms I cover make it justifiable. So all in all, I'm rather chuffed.

Me-wise, I'm just about all better. Still a bit of a sore knee, but that's only temporary. Definitely on the mend.

Keep an eye out for our new member (possibly Mr VTRgirl... :wink: :roll: :lol: ). There'll definitely be some updates in that area...
That sounds pretty good to me VTRgirl, it's strange sometimes how things turn out, I'm pleased for you :!: So if you have a choice is it going to be a black one :?:

You remind me of brother, when he has a new woman I never hear from him :D

I was only thinking we've not heard form you lately :wink:
PACIFIER

Post by PACIFIER »

VTRgirl wrote:Update...

Mr.VTRgirl??????Why is it that you never notice these things until AFTER you've chosen a username? Sorry Mate!!! It was bound to happen sooner or later. :roll:
PACIFIER

Post by PACIFIER »

VTRgirl wrote:Oh and my beloved novelty horn now barely whispers... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hmmm. That's something I didnt check to see worked properly...... :D