Red storm dyno - hp on engine

Just post charts and set up details.
VT1000r

Re: Red storm dyno - hp on engine

Post by VT1000r »

8541Hawk wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:15 pm
VT1000r wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 am so my thinking is that ide open throttle no matter the rpm the slide is all the way up so how could needle tapper affect 5 to 7rpms or whatever if when you go full throttle the slide is in the same position throughout 1000 to 10000 rpms.
The bit you are not taking into account is that these are CV carbs. The slide is not connected to the throttle. The only thing you control with the throttle is the butterfly.
You can have the throttle wide open and the slide still be closed depending on operating conditions.

So when you go to full throttle the slide is not in the same position from 1000 to 10,000 RPM, in fact it is constantly moving.
One of the reasons tuning CV carbs cab be a bit tricky.
Oh ok I see now thanks for clearing that up for me it's had me confused for awhile.
Mallebollia

Re: Red storm dyno - hp on engine

Post by Mallebollia »

Stephan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:12 am Note I am running 11.3 CR pistons, but don´t think it will does much difference. I had to start the engine to get it work. I will talk more about it with him to see if there is some room for improvement, as 3-4k is not the best, the rest is running great. But this have to be done after pilot screw settings optimization through AFR, to be sure problem is not only there ...

This is Ignitech map for VTR1000F

This is my current map
Can you repost your "current" map please?

You wrote earlier that you tried to talk with Ignitech about the map. Any results here?