what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

Quick update

48hrs since the fire and we have been briefly allowed home to try and find our cat. And to access the damage. Sadly no sign of the cat. All we could do was leave food and water and hope he returns. I'd say out of our 15 acres. At least 12 acres is burned. But amazingly all the buildings have survived. As have the bikes. Lots have things have melted or burned. But the important things seem ok.we won't be allowed back to live just yet. As the weather conditions are still a major fire risk. The fire I'm told is mostly under control now. But it is threatening the small town of bovera about 10km north of us. Fingers crossed they can snuff it out asap. Temps are mid 40s atm with strong afternoon winds. Not good for fire fighters. We had a small amount of scrap metal on our land. And the fire got so hot it reduced some old alloy wheels to molten aluminium.... 8O
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

The main thing is that you all got away safe except for the cat,but cats have an uncanny knack of survival,it could still be okay.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Geez lucky...I think you may have got away with that one with minimal damage. The land will grow back super quick and the burn back may even help generate some good growth. Ash is a good fertiliser for all that arid land. Your home and outbuildings still stand so that's super good. And I'm with Alan about the cat. It should hopefully find it's own way back home. And the bikes are good :thumbup: I know you would have been super panicking about that one. It doesn't surprise me that some metal got melted. The heat can be more damaging than the flames and there would have been temps as hot as a cylinder firing in an engine. 2000c easily. The main thing is that you guys didn't get trapped. Dam...I wish I was over there to help with the clean up.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I will try and load up some pictures tomorrow. It looks apocalyptic :lol:
A touch more bad news this evening. My niece's rabbit died from from the extreme heat. Poor thing. My niece Willbe gutted. She's visiting family in the UK atm.
It's dammed hot tonight. Tomorrow will be the last hot day. Expected 45 degrees. Then the temps will drop back to a more normal mid 30s.
I googled the melting point of aluminium. It's 660 degrees. Plenty hot enough.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Hope you manage to get everything sorted marty.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

The other day mccts were stuck in my main bike. Unfortunately there was a split in the gasket on the flywheel cover so oil was leaking. Sorted that this evening with a new gasket.

When I picked the blue one up in Scotland a few days ago the clutch res had been dislodged from the master so no clutch. A disaster. When I got to Belfast I tried to bleed the clutch and stuck on the bits from the main bike for handiness....

Bleeding was a disaster. Have now been advised of a great tip and tonight sorted the clutch and its on the main bike. Literally took 5 mins to bleed.

Also managed to get an insurance write off over via courier yesterday. Fairings in excellent condition so they are now on the bike. Wee carbon front mudguard in too. R&G crash bungs on which look nice and solid.

Plan to get the 600rr calipers and radial master on tomorrow which should compliment the Armstrong discs and braided lines nicely :D
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Rob, its summer.
Go ride the red one and fettle in the rainy days. Unless your flogging 1 or 2 this year.
You got the bug bad again....
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

grumpyfrog wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:13 am Rob, its summer.
Go ride the red one and fettle in the rainy days. Unless your flogging 1 or 2 this year.
You got the bug bad again....
Yea 2 being flogged in the next week or two hopefully. Red one is rideable so quite happy. Just little things being done
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Custurd was treated to an Oil & Fillter change, fresh brake fluid & a bobbin spin, of course I chose to do it at miday so melted in the glorious sun shine...

DOH!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Having a rave up on my own with some alcohol in front of the TV watching Glastonbury and listening in to it blasting out Bowers and Wilkins speakers via my receiver :thumbup: More commonly known as pissing off the neighbours :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

some goods news at last, we went back to the house this evening to look for the missing cat, we're only allowed in the fire zone for a few hours. and we are over the moon that he turned up. a tad dirty/sooty but otherwise ok, we'll take him to the vets on Monday for a check up.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Changed the oil in her.

Got the blade radial master and Cbr600 rr calipers on too. Works a treat and compliments the Armstrong discs nicely.

She is now black as I managed to find a full set of fairings in very good nick.

Hoping to get her out on a good run tomorrow weather permitting.

Listed the blue and white one and silver one for sale this evening. Plenty of interest in the blue and white one!!! Unreal. Probably see her gone tomorrow.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

agentpineapple wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:40 pm some goods news at last, we went back to the house this evening to look for the missing cat, we're only allowed in the fire zone for a few hours. and we are over the moon that he turned up. a tad dirty/sooty but otherwise ok, we'll take him to the vets on Monday for a check up.

That's excellent news. Good thing they have all those lives
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Cats do have 9 lives. Fantastic news Marty. Shame about rabbit for the sake of your niece :( but that one life's lessons and part of growing up.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Listed thr Gixxer Storm late last night. Fella came to see her this morning and took her away. Tidy wee profit on that one so over the moon. All I had to do was bleed a clutch.