pillion on a track ?

General Biker Banter
thelens

pillion on a track ?

Post by thelens »

Are there any tracks or trackdays that would allow me to carry a pillion ?
StormyRob

Re: pillion on a track ?

Post by StormyRob »

Don't take this in the worst way mate but why would you be taking a pillion on a track unless you are quite an accomplished rider? (even then why?) I think people usually go a bit harder and test more on a track.... Which means you are more likely to fall off. A risk many take and its their own risk. Why would you be risking someone else? I just don't quite get why you'd be taking a pillion on a track. On the road a pillion is entirely different.
Unless you want to use it to teach a pillion how to be a little better? As in you won't be racing.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I've never seen it but I think Ron Haslam still does them.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

thelens wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:53 pm Are there any tracks or trackdays that would allow me to carry a pillion ?
All of them.!

All you have to do is rent the whole circuit for the day, you can do what you like.

Caravan towing race? Sure.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
thelens

Post by thelens »

StormyRob wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:30 pm Don't take this in the worst way mate but why would you be taking a pillion on a track unless you are quite an accomplished rider? (even then why?) I think people usually go a bit harder and test more on a track.... Which means you are more likely to fall off. A risk many take and its their own risk. Why would you be risking someone else? I just don't quite get why you'd be taking a pillion on a track. On the road a pillion is entirely different.
Unless you want to use it to teach a pillion how to be a little better? As in you won't be racing.
Simply put.... my pillion has a mind of her own, and a track is safer than the road ! :D
thelens

Post by thelens »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:30 pm
thelens wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:53 pm Are there any tracks or trackdays that would allow me to carry a pillion ?
All of them.!

All you have to do is rent the whole circuit for the day, you can do what you like.

Caravan towing race? Sure.
Hmmmm after hours and bolt croppers ! :lol:
thelens

Post by thelens »

freeridenick wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 pm I've never seen it but I think Ron Haslam still does them.
One serious reply at least lol
But I just wanted to take a pillion out on a track.
I did not think any would allow it but thought I would ask.
I think perhaps the only place would be the Nurburgring ring.
So maybe that is the solution. :D