Possible new bike.

General Bike chat
uk13iker

Possible new bike.

Post by uk13iker »

Ok so after stupidly selling both my bikes and now being without one and seeing a lot of bikes about I’m now wanting a bike and hoping to have one for the wales trip. Has anyone owned or been on a triumph sprint st 1050? Any views on them would be helpful possibly test riding one on the weekend thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KermitLeFrog

Re: Possible new bike.

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Boring..

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Thought with being a triple it might have a nice sound to it and reviews seem to say they are the best sports tourer of that era also owner reviews are mostly positive. Also like the look of them and are cheap enough but maybe that’s for a reason? Other option is a 58 Aprilia Rsv r but double the price

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I rode Edward's 1050 Sprint and was totally underwhelmed. A bit of a heavy bus and the engine had no character, it just droned up the rev range. Fast enough but, meh. He loved it though...

Why not a smaller capacity bike? The trumpet 675 speed triple I rode was a hoot.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Fair enough will take all that onboard suppose the best thing is to test ride it and see for myself. I’ve always fancied the 675 Daytona always hear good things about them but again bit more than I really want to pay. Made a mistake selling my vtr and refuse to buy another one for more than what I sold mine for and then spend more money getting it back to how mine was.

cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

uk13iker wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 am Made a mistake selling my vtr and refuse to buy another one for more than what I sold mine for and then spend more money getting it back to how mine was.
I told you you'd be sorry if you sold it.
I've heard good vibes about the Triumph 675 from a few people who have them.
Are you still coming to the Wales meeting ?
Sue and Sandra are joining us this year.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

awww LEE..... WTF! you cant have changed your mind already, you are worse that my wife :lol:

as Kermit said, Edward had one, but he broke it ... they don't do off road jumps very well!

ride it and if you like it buy in and then sell it a few months later :lol:
AMcQ
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

You was right Kev, will be good to see sue and sandra. Haha yes al the thought of going to wales with no bike isn’t good will miss those roads. I Planned on getting my MT out my mates shop but weirdly he had sold it the same day as the vtr went.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:41 am I rode Edward's 1050 Sprint and was totally underwhelmed. A bit of a heavy bus and the engine had no character, it just droned up the rev range. Fast enough but, meh. He loved it though...
and they certainly don't fly very well 8O
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
thelens

Post by thelens »

uk13iker wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:03 pm Ok so after stupidly selling both my bikes and now being without one and seeing a lot of bikes about I’m now wanting a bike and hoping to have one for the wales trip. Has anyone owned or been on a triumph sprint st 1050? Any views on them would be helpful possibly test riding one on the weekend thanks.

My last bike was a triumph st1050.
Awesome bike ! Best engine character and sound ever lol
Pulls like a train and pops n gurgles on the over run like nothing else.
The VTR felt small and slow in comparison to be honest.
The VTR is growing on me, each time I ride it.
The st1050 is Highly recommend :)