what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

Forks off and leaking one delivered to suspension shop for a rebuild..

Not washed it yet though
AMcQ
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Had a run out recently and all of a sudden throttle gave way on me. Half a turn of play. Anyway had a look today and of the cables had come out of the "holder"
Probably just a lack of intelligence at the time the ccts were done.

All sorted now though.
Very tempted to get the flat bars on......
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

StormyRob wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:31 pm Had a run out recently and all of a sudden throttle gave way on me. Half a turn of play. Anyway had a look today and of the cables had come out of the "holder"
Probably just a lack of intelligence at the time the ccts were done.

All sorted now though.
Very tempted to get the flat bars on......
boom job sorted then? :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Fork back from Revs racing with new seal and oil and as they had built them for me last year, they did the repair job for free with out me even asking :D

But on the bad side, the battery was stone flat when I went to start it, so I must have a current draw somewhere. Just thinking about it as I type this, my first suspect is the satnav power supply, as it kept saying it had lost external power when I was riding in Ireland and then it would come back on and run ok.....
That made me check that there wasn't a loose battery connection .... Which there wasn't, but once I had the faring off to drop the forks I noticed the satnav lead was in the fork lock stop and had suffered a bit of brusing.
Putting 1+1 together, I am now guessing there is a short between the wires where they have been impacted.

Hope that's the problem as I don't want to have it playing up in Scotland.
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great result on the forks Al, and sounds like you found the draining issue too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

changed the one thing on the duro that was pissing me of, the cheap nasty levers they come with so treated it to some nice blingy alloy ones, my job here is done...

now that blue bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:06 pm Fork back from Revs racing with new seal and oil and as they had built them for me last year, they did the repair job for free with out me even asking :D

But on the bad side, the battery was stone flat when I went to start it, so I must have a current draw somewhere. Just thinking about it as I type this, my first suspect is the satnav power supply, as it kept saying it had lost external power when I was riding in Ireland and then it would come back on and run ok.....
That made me check that there wasn't a loose battery connection .... Which there wasn't, but once I had the faring off to drop the forks I noticed the satnav lead was in the fork lock stop and had suffered a bit of brusing.
Putting 1+1 together, I am now guessing there is a short between the wires where they have been impacted.

Hope that's the problem as I don't want to have it playing up in Scotland.
I was right, it was the co-axial satnav charging wire that had shorted. the outer skin insulation was still intact, but the insulation round the inner live was damaged and allowing contact to the earth braid that wraps round it.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:57 pm changed the one thing on the duro that was pissing me of, the cheap nasty levers they come with so treated it to some nice blingy alloy ones, my job here is done...

you have to have the blue one for Scotland or you wont be allowed to join in
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 pm
fabiostar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:57 pm changed the one thing on the duro that was pissing me of, the cheap nasty levers they come with so treated it to some nice blingy alloy ones, my job here is done...

you have to have the blue one for Scotland or you wont be allowed to join in
iv no chance of getting it ready in time :eek2 , the engines going this weekend to the man who is gona make it all better.. iv kinda settled myself that this summer has been lost as far as the blue bike is concerned :eek2 plus im still hating the basstard thing lol
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

today i done something iv never done to it before :eek2 . i now have the mori engine in the boot of the car :eek2 . its going to see the doctor lol
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sold the Red one, well it was one of the slow colours so it’s for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

forks back in, battery drain fixed, loobman reservoir replaced, new waterproof trousers bought ..... ready for Scotland now.

Fabio, will be interesting to hear what the doctor has to say ...
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am today i done something iv never done to it before :eek2 . i now have the mori engine in the boot of the car :eek2 . its going to see the doctor lol
Is it headed toward Lancaster or local to you?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Kev L wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:24 am
fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am today i done something iv never done to it before :eek2 . i now have the mori engine in the boot of the car :eek2 . its going to see the doctor lol
Is it headed toward Lancaster or local to you?
its not that local but a few hours drive for me, the guy looking at it is,well a kinda hermit sorta guy but as iv known him for 40 odd years he agreed to look at it for me, i trust him with the engine as he has had his hands inside more HRC engines over the years than iv had dinners :clap:
thelens

Post by thelens »

Had my first ride with the bar risers fitted !
Most certainly more comfy and just felt a better overall riding position.
Although only 20mm high they make for a notable improvement :D

Secondly ….. I errrrr drilled 6 holes in the end of each exhaust :lol:
Works for me :D Sounds great and rather loud but not as loud as race cans.
kind of perfect really. The fact it saved me £260 on the race cans I planned to buy is a rather big bonus :D