a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by fabiostar »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 pm
fabiostar wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:36 pm i knew i shouldnt have trusted it. new engine, new everything belonging to the doner bike which ran great and.........................i have the same problems at the same revs :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface ..

yes it cant happen but i can assure you it is.........
As I mentioned in your other post...................................fuel tank, what else is left that it can be :?:
Over spray in it may be :eh:

Chris.
when i get back from Scotland il try yet another tank on it just to see, lord knows its had plenty of different tanks on it already. carbs were a bit dirty when i checked this evening so you never know. thing was flying two days ago then back to same old same old :eek2 ...

im not to fussed , its well insured :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just think how happy you'll be when you find out what it is, and cling to that small oita of solace while you are banging your head on the workshop wall, or the offending tank.

Did that help?
Hope so.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I didn't laught when in read that ..... Honest
fabiostar wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:36 pm i knew i shouldnt have trusted it. new engine, new everything belonging to the doner bike which ran great and.........................i have the same problems at the same revs :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface ..

yes it cant happen but i can assure you it is.........
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's that intermittent issue again. Maybe you are the fault :lol: Sorry couldn't resist but you have to laugh or you cry. I just wish you could find what it is because we are all desperate to know.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 am It's that intermittent issue again. Maybe you are the fault :lol: Sorry couldn't resist but you have to laugh or you cry. I just wish you could find what it is because we are all desperate to know.
well il change the tank again and see if that helps.. if it works it works, if not fuk it, past caring ,im enjoying the Aprilia to much to worry any more :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well changed the tank over, cleaned the carbs, like really cleaned them. ticks over real nice, throttle feels great :D ...

two mile down the road ,runs like a bag of shite, back to the same old crap... :eek2 ..

just to be sure tho, another set of carbs,coils,leads,plugs,rec unit,,still SHITE..

its parked....
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

So this is with the newly fitted 'standard' engine

Could it be loom related if all other bits & bobs have been checked & changed.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Wicky wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm So this is with the newly fitted 'standard' engine

Could it be loom related if all other bits & bobs have been checked & changed.
other than the chassis theres not one single item from the old build on it now, engine,carbs,pipes,tank,coils,plugs,ecu,rec unit, like i mean nothing at all, its already had a new loom aswell. how the actual fuk can this happen?? it cant, nothing that makes an engine go is on the bike, everything that makes an engine go is lifted from the doner bike, a bike iv seen running yet when its built into the blue bike it refuses to rev clean and keeps getting worse the more i run it...

iv lost sight of the fact its just a bike, like all the others iv had which i would have long since binned for doing this . 8O ..

i had thought ,oh il come back to it? iv came back to it so many times so i have to work out how to get out of this with a few pounds in my pocket.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

There can be some kind of electrical/mechanical issue when engine gets warm, is it running ok after cool down?

Some wild guesses, there is no place for normal ones,

Thermostat: try to remove it, or check all hoses are tempered - for stuck/closed thermostat, maybe there is local overheating causing the issue
Different clocks: some kind of electrical faulty signal here

My repeating advice is get it to someone else for general check ...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Is it something you are doing? Is there some technique you use when fitting the stuff that you use on the Spondon but not on old yella? Is there some hose or electrical connection that is unique to the spondon?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Are your fuel pipes getting pinched somehow when you re-fitting the tank ?
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I would suggest it's time to get the Priest in. I'm thinking exorcism. :D
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i am with the guys who are suggesting chassis earths.

good luck getting to the bottom of this ... I have faith in you :thumbup:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well iv ordered new coils, as its the only thing i havnt changed with new stuff, tho the coils were working perfect on the doner bike,as was old yellows coils, but its a last shot,,,,

it doesnt get worse with heat as such, from stone cold i get about a mile then it starts, from boiling hot its still about a mile, the thermostate is long gone about 2 years ago, tho i have tried the doner bike thermo and its the same...

its getting the coils tried then its getting what i should have done to it a long time ago :thumbdown: ... cant say i havent give it more than enough chances lol.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's the tyres.

You didn't kick them hard enough when you bought it.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.