what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

MacV2 wrote:Vanstub brought his butcherd Blade over & together we changed the fork seals,a bit of Laural & Hardy style of mechanics but we got it done in the end...The second fork was a lot easier & quicker to do... :lol: :lol:
Is that old shed still running ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Fitted new swingarm.. new clutch slave.. gold 954 calipers off and black cbr600 on.. new rear brake reservoir and good clean/polish... then I goes and drops the bloody thing into another storm :x also think it's fair to say that those cheap chinese mirrors ain't up to much :lol:
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:14 pm
MacV2 wrote:Vanstub brought his butcherd Blade over & together we changed the fork seals,a bit of Laural & Hardy style of mechanics but we got it done in the end...The second fork was a lot easier & quicker to do... :lol: :lol:
Is that old shed still running ImageImageImageImage
Just like a good shed thats getting on in years, things start to fall off & go wrong, leak here a leak there, you know the sort of thing... Still he is in his 50's now so its no supprise really... :lol: :lol:

As for the DogBlade its rounded & seized nuts that cause the greif + of course the fact that its a shitebox built by a moron with a bodge it & that'll do attitude to mechanics...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
thelens

Post by thelens »

Filled it up with diesel :wtf:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

thelens wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:05 pm Filled it up with diesel :wtf:
Did you realise before you finished filling up? :wtf:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
thelens

Post by thelens »

StormyRob wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:13 pm
thelens wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:05 pm Filled it up with diesel :wtf:
Did you realise before you finished filling up? :wtf:
Hell no !
Filled it last Sunday. Started her up last night after prepping it for today.
Thought my bike was knackered at first. Had no idea I had done it, as the petrol station is only half a mile from where I live.
Spent half an hour scratching my head. Then I just knew or guessed I had used the wrong pump.
Trip to Halfords this morning and bought a £4 syphon ..... easy :lol:
Sucked the fuel out.... put 5 litres in.... added petrol treatment... job done :)
Had a run to the cat n fiddle... fuels up again after light came on.... added more stp .... right as rain :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Well on the plus side its all sorted. Don't think diesel onto petrol systems does any real damage in a short time but the other way round can be pretty crap.
I think we've all been there :roll:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i done the same last year on old yellow :eek2 . drained it out and it was none the worse for it :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
thelens

Post by thelens »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 am i done the same last year on old yellow :eek2 . drained it out and it was none the worse for it :thumbup:
I did it twice with my triumph ST lol
Its so easy done. So easy in fact I was wondering if its perhaps worth taking the £4 halfords syphon everywhere. Its pretty small and likely to fit under seat ! hmmmmm not a bad idea actually. Its not so bad when it happens at my local but one of the times it happened, I was 120 miles from home in oxford :( I got it done, but what a bloody nightmare ! That cheap little syphon is like having a get out of jail free card :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stripped, cleaned, rebuilt, refitted & bled up the Brembos on Nue Red...

Nice firm leaver...Sorted.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Beef

Post by Beef »

I looked at my bike today!....

Not done anything to mine since the dyno day. I have been otherwise preoccupied sorting the mess called the back garden - moved 30T of rubble & soul out & moved 18T crushed concrete in for patio base in & layed 150m2 of turf! All this with no access to back garden except via garage! House renovating sucks :x
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i looked at the aprilia today, then sorted .............................nothing :thumbup: im liking this non working at them malarky.. :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

what have you done to your "boots" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

not my bike, but my boots

I have had a pair of Held top end race boots for a year now, and I have been very impressed especially as I got the price knocked down to £120 because there was some decolouration on part of the plastics, they are waterproof and have high protection with a full inner boot system.

this inner boot is laced up by a BOA wire thingy, but when I was up in Scotland the other week, one lace was not happy to release when the ratchet dial was popped out. ... so I though that was the boots scrapped because of a bit of plastic not rotating.... I took them apart and bodged it so they kept working, but while surfing the interweb for instructions on how the get into the mechanism, I discovered that boa lace system has a lifetime warranty.
last week I contact the USA offices, send photos of the boot so they can work out which system you need [they don't want proof that it is broken] and they just sent me 2 sets of repair kits [2x rachet dial thing and 2x lace wires] free. which arrived today.

happy days :D
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Result

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote:not my bike, but my boots

I have had a pair of Held top end race boots for a year now, and I have been very impressed especially as I got the price knocked down to £120 because there was some decolouration on part of the plastics, they are waterproof and have high protection with a full inner boot system.

this inner boot is laced up by a BOA wire thingy, but when I was up in Scotland the other week, one lace was not happy to release when the ratchet dial was popped out. ... so I though that was the boots scrapped because of a bit of plastic not rotating.... I took them apart and bodged it so they kept working, but while surfing the interweb for instructions on how the get into the mechanism, I discovered that boa lace system has a lifetime warranty.
last week I contact the USA offices, send photos of the boot so they can work out which system you need [they don't want proof that it is broken] and they just sent me 2 sets of repair kits [2x rachet dial thing and 2x lace wires] free. which arrived today.

happy days :D
Sweet!Image
That’s better than taking the drill to itImage

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal