what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Rhughes945

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Rhughes945 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:52 pm I went for yellow as I would be able to take pieces of broken plastic into court if anyone tried to claim they didn't see me...
HAHHAHAHA that's what my Mrs keeps saying!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:10 pm Washed a weeks worth of crap off Custurd...again...

If I'd known how dirty the number plate was I could have come home a bit faster on Friday...

The cameras would of had no chance... :lol: :lol:
Well that was a waste of suds & water...bloody hissed it down on the way home today... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Dragged the blue one out for a bit of a fettle flushed & bled the front and rear brakes along with the clutch so it now has nice new clean fluid. Then it pi55ed down with rain so I packed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Rhughes945

Post by Rhughes945 »

Yeah this rain and cold hasn't been ideal.

Anyone want to come fill my inlaws drive with a garage so I can work in comfort?! :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Went out on the Tuono yesterday, took a wiggly route down to Dover, along the coast a bit then headed back up the M2 as far as Maidstone, then more wiggly back roads to home.
I much prefer February weather to January's....

But then today I had to clean it..... Took all afternoon. And Aprilia's go furry real quick compared to Honda's.

I also got the SP2 out of the garage and down to the patio, I was going to clean that as well, but ran out of time. It still fits like a glove..... and feels like home.

I don't think I'll ever grin when I see the Tuono on opening the garage door the way I do every time I see the 2, though.

Ah well, I can't keep them both.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:30 pm Went out on the Tuono yesterday, took a wiggly route down to Dover, along the coast a bit then headed back up the M2 as far as Maidstone, then more wiggly back roads to home.
I much prefer February weather to January's....

But then today I had to clean it..... Took all afternoon. And Aprilia's go furry real quick compared to Honda's.

I also got the SP2 out of the garage and down to the patio, I was going to clean that as well, but ran out of time. It still fits like a glove..... and feels like home.

I don't think I'll ever grin when I see the Tuono on opening the garage door the way I do every time I see the 2, though.

Ah well, I can't keep them both.
Tuono is generic bike which you can buy one year, bin next season and replace it with monter, superduke, whatever, without single emotion.
But with sp2, you know you have something special. Rider with basic survival instinct won't be any faster on these new bikes in real road conditions.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep.
Complete waste of fourteen grand.

Ah, well, I'd best put up with the horrendous depreciation for a couple of years and then buy another Honda.

Still, it has more buttons to play with when stuck in traffic.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Finally picked the TL1000R up been waiting for 4 weeks for it to be ready, but it’s had new discs all round calipers stripped and rebuilt new brake reservoir and a buckle in the rear wheel repaired so all I need to do is service her and good to go for the biking season ahead. First impressions doesn’t pull as well low down as the firestorm but once the revs are up she moves, again slow speed and throttle is a little snatchy maybe that’s just me needing to get used to it. Is a big bike and feels heavy compared to storm, with standard indicators on I have to bend them up luckily they are flexible so I can get her in the house. So 1 short ride down with only about 2 miles of country lane the rest city riding pretty happy can’t wait to get some more miles in on some decent roads and hopefully better weather.

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Cleaned the calipers and pistons up as well as swapped the shitty unbranded SS brake lines for some Venhill ones. Also fitted some LED strip lighting in the shed but the old battery I was going to power them off is goosed.
kenmoore

Re: what have you done to your

Post by kenmoore »

uk13iker wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:23 pm Finally picked the TL1000R up been waiting for 4 weeks for it to be ready, but it’s had new discs all round calipers stripped and rebuilt new brake reservoir and a buckle in the rear wheel repaired so all I need to do is service her and good to go for the biking season ahead. First impressions doesn’t pull as well low down as the firestorm but once the revs are up she moves, again slow speed and throttle is a little snatchy maybe that’s just me needing to get used to it. Is a big bike and feels heavy compared to storm, with standard indicators on I have to bend them up luckily they are flexible so I can get her in the house. So 1 short ride down with only about 2 miles of country lane the rest city riding pretty happy can’t wait to get some more miles in on some decent roads and hopefully better weather.

Fitting a timing retard eliminator will smooth out the throttle.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Swapped the front wheel on the blue one as paint was scabby on the old one, also cleaned discs, callipers and forks while I was at it. Then removed tank air box and carbs in preparation of fitting manual cct’s tomorrow or Friday

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

wasted a lot of hours polishing the blue ones frame because, well just because really :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:30 pm Ah well, I can't keep them both.
Why not? The value of the SP2 in the bank will return you (I predict) a lot less than the increase in value of the SP2. Just tuck it away some place .
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Fitted manual cct’s to the blue one, turned over ok just need to fit the new to me 19ltr tank tomorrow and hope there are no fuel leaks and it runs ok

Duffy1964
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I changed the chainset on the Tuono. The rear sprocket and chain, after 14k miles, looked in really good shape. But, the bike is off the road for a couple of months so why not? When I took the CS sprocket cover off I was shocked.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)