Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
Commando77

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by Commando77 »

OK. No I'm not unless the CCF counts😅😅. Forum name refers to my old classic!
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Commando77 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:25 pm OK. No I'm not unless the CCF counts😅😅. Forum name refers to my old classic!
An ok mate😎 Nice looking bikes those old nortons.
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
Rhughes945

Post by Rhughes945 »

Paint for my forks arrived today so over the weekend I'll be taking my dremel sanding attachments to the shite paintwork, priming and then respraying.

Also an extended family member may be able to powder coat my wheels, they look shite too.

So all in all, happy valentines day to my bike!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well the clean black one i bought has been sold and waiting for the new owner to pick it up. i needed the space .

which lasted one day because iv just bought a 98 silver one :eek2 . iv no idea but it wasnt dear and i know the bike , no idea why or what im gona do with it :?: :?:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:31 am well the clean black one i bought has been sold and waiting for the new owner to pick it up. i needed the space .

which lasted one day because iv just bought a 98 silver one :eek2 . iv no idea but it wasnt dear and i know the bike , no idea why or what im gona do with it :?: :?:
Paint it any other colour, apart from Teal of course, to make it far less bland... even yella at a push... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:11 am
fabiostar wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:31 am well the clean black one i bought has been sold and waiting for the new owner to pick it up. i needed the space .

Paint it any other colour, apart from Teal of course, to make it far less bland... even yella at a push... :lol: :lol: :lol:
just debating if i should break it, keep some for spares and sell on the rest, near seems a sha,e as its a decent bike with a few nice carbon bits on and nice pipes.. il flip a coin :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Rhughes945 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 am Paint for my forks arrived today so over the weekend I'll be taking my dremel sanding attachments to the shite paintwork, priming and then respraying.

Also an extended family member may be able to powder coat my wheels, they look shite too.

What paint have you gone with please.....
Rhughes945

Post by Rhughes945 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am
Rhughes945 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 am Paint for my forks arrived today so over the weekend I'll be taking my dremel sanding attachments to the shite paintwork, priming and then respraying.

After some research for DIYing it, Simoniz Wheel paint was recommended so I went for that.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Rhughes945 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:06 pm
TaxiDriver wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

After some research for DIYing it, Simoniz Wheel paint was recommended so I went for that.
:thumbup:

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Fixed the dash issue on the BMW where the clock kept resetting, tacho/speedo wouldn't work for 5 minutes after start-up etc - replaced a capacitor on the PCB and all looking good now. Glad as I'm going to be keeping it another year instead of getting some fancy new steed...

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

https://youtu.be/Q4Ew2acc1Jo
Choices, choices.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mav617 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 pm Fixed the dash issue on the BMW where the clock kept resetting, tacho/speedo wouldn't work for 5 minutes after start-up etc - replaced a capacitor on the PCB and all looking good now. Glad as I'm going to be keeping it another year instead of getting some fancy new steed...

Good find Mav, well done :thumbup:
tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:18 am https://youtu.be/Q4Ew2acc1Jo
Choices, choices.....
:lol: Tony have you finished the ironing yet :D

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Can't, just going shopping, then I have to clean out the one remaining gerbil.... Can't dig potatoes in this weather, so that jobs off til next weekend.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I received a phone call today, which I missed. Nice lady left me an answer phone message asking me to call back Mortons publishing as I Had won a competition. My prize is a pair of Duccini Canyon boots. I’ve recently bought some TCX hero’s, so my son in laws Having them.
I’m well pleased. I can deal with that kind of call!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 pm I received a phone call today, which I missed. Nice lady left me an answer phone message asking me to call back Mortons publishing as I Had won a competition. My prize is a pair of Duccini Canyon boots. I’ve recently bought some TCX hero’s, so my son in laws Having them.
I’m well pleased. I can deal with that kind of call!
Result! I'll try missing a phone call tomorrow.