what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Cleaned it as the woods are very dusty atm .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stormed into work today...3 times this week the bloody pith takers...! :lol: :lol:

Thats it for two weeks now...feet up until the next time... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Ridden it to sandbanks :mrgreen:
20200522_125429.jpg
20200522_125550.jpg
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MaroonMachine wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:21 pm Ridden it to sandbanks :mrgreen: 20200522_125429.jpg20200522_125550.jpg
Good job :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I renewed the rusty looking bolts with stainless steel ones that holds the oil-pipes to the oil cooler. It's something you don't notice with the fairing on hence why I bought the bolts a few years ago and never got around to fitting.

While the fairing was off I noticed the radiator cooling fan motor was looking a little rusty and the electroplating not looking great in places.

I was able to remove the fan motor assembly without unbolting the radiator. Took the motor out, treated the rust and lightly rubbed down the rest for painting, then painted it. Now all refitted, fan motor and fan assembly now fitted with stainless steel bolts.
DSCF2288Re.jpg
Chris.
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

Cable tied a wire up.....

That's it, no time for anything else 😕
Insufferable halfwit.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm I renewed the rusty looking bolts with stainless steel ones that holds the oil-pipes to the oil cooler. It's something you don't notice with the fairing on hence why I bought the bolts a few years ago and never got around to fitting.

While the fairing was off I noticed the radiator cooling fan motor was looking a little rusty and the electroplating not looking great in places.

I was able to remove the fan motor assembly without unbolting the radiator. Took the motor out, treated the rust and lightly rubbed down the rest for painting, then painted it. Now all refitted, fan motor and fan assembly now fitted with stainless steel bolts.

DSCF2288Re.jpg

Chris.
That looks mint! Shame it's hidden behind the radiator.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Washed the XSR and lubed and adjusted the chain slightly after putting 600 miles on it since I got the bike. Loving it but thinking the MT-9 900 might have been better...........especially as there's a kit to make them look like the old 350LC
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 pm
sirch345 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm I renewed the rusty looking bolts with stainless steel ones that holds the oil-pipes to the oil cooler. It's something you don't notice with the fairing on hence why I bought the bolts a few years ago and never got around to fitting.

DSCF2288Re.jpg

Chris.
That looks mint! Shame it's hidden behind the radiator.
:thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Went out for a 200 mile trip to get exercise yesterday on the KTM, Just went down roads I had never tried before and had a great time, despite the high winds and getting caught in a downpour twice.

Riding the KTM has reignited my joy in just going out for a ride, when I ride on the storm it is only fun when I push on, the KTM is fun slow, medium and fast.

Clearly a sign I am getting old or compensating for something, as I now also prefer to drive my van as commuter transport rather than my car!
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Al enjoying riding slow !!! What’s been going on here :crazy:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Today I fitted the quadlock phone mount I've had for a couple of weeks. It securely mounts my Pixel 4xl and should allow me to use the Google maps satnav while riding, and charge it wirelessly at the same time.

I mounted it via a fuse on the main feed and a relay with a diode, so that any shared battery from the phone won't reach the 2 oh no's systems- it's can bus, so not as straightforward as a storm.

Fitting was ok, I bought the extension pice as well as the handlebar clamp and the wireless charger, it also has a phone case with the quadlock socket on the reverse and a "storm cover", which is a waterproof partial case. With a discount of 10 percent, just under £100.

Fitting was ok, but I wanted it to look professional, with most of the wiring hidden from view, so it took most of the afternoon.

Nice soldered joints throughout. The relay with a diode was from Halfords, £8, so not bad at all.

The 2, oh, no has a socket in a flying lead in the front fairing, a few screws and three panels reveals it, and I used that as the 12v switched supply to the relay.

All connected, one small heart attack palpitation when I turned the ignition on having made all if the connections and the dash displayed ABS and traction control warnings, but that was because I hadn't yet replaced the tank and so some connections were not plugged in.
Once they were refitted, all well.

However, it doesn't seem to charge the phone.....
It's a bit expensive for a phone mount .
I've checked all connections and outputs, all good, fuses ok, and so the wireless charger bit is getting power ok.
But the charger part is only effective up to 10mm from the phone itself, by the time you get the special case with the mounting ring on the back, plus the quadlock mount itself, it's not far off 10mm.

We'll see, juries out so far.
I'll see how it goes on the run up to the MSS dyno on Tuesday.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Update: the reason that the wireless charger wasn't charging was that it isn't a wireless charger; it's a USB charger. :oops:
The wireless one isn't listed on the quadlock motorcycle section, perhaps it isn't IP rated.
I'll have to plug in a short USB to phone lead.

Easy enough fix, I suppose :lol:

Any of the sparkies wish to advise what fuse rating I need?
I have a 7.5 in there at the moment.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I replaced the clutch outer basket and collar with a spare. All bolted up and tools away for lunch. A quick try of the lever and it wouldn't move. As soon as I sat down to eat I realised what I'd done - lifter price on the wrong side of the pressure plate.
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Went for a ride,ended up at Mudeford,quay :mrgreen[/attachment]
20200525_145754.jpg
Attachments
20200525_145738.jpg
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine