what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

There’s always the Bantam shaped stick to beat you with!
:wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Kev L wrote:There’s always the Bantam shaped stick to beat you with!
:wink:
Shhh Kev Image They had forgotten about that ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:wink: :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Busy day, washed both, adjusted/lubed chain and fitted Kappa Handguards to my XSR700, great for keeping the wind off and to protect the digits when filtering. Also put a 42T rear sprocket on the lil Duke, in place of the 45T standard, as recommended by our old friend Kermit Le Frog who popped up on the 390 Duke forum :thumbup: Then adjusted and lubed chain on that one too. Now to have a well earned cider or three.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Custurd got its spring calliper refresh.

Swapped both the fronts & rear callipers with refreshed ones & new pads. Nice fresh DoT 4.

Bled & firm.

The manky post winter ones are on the bench for a clean & spruce up sometime in the next few days..

:thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Went out to put some miles on the new tyres. Nice weather, not too much traffic (for the South. :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

changed the rear right indi on the LC which was scruffy, two min job :eek2 . aaaaah no!!!!! to change it the grab rail has to come of,then the tail unit rear light top part of the undertray then you need ETs fingers to get the wiring pushed through,which was to short on the new one, well i had nothing to do for those two hours anyhow :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Pretty much finished building the engine to go I the bike the stage 2 came out of. There's probably another hour or so of work left and I can get the bike built up and off to a new owner.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

gilson

Post by gilson »

Need to add fairings, gear indicator and brake guard.

The Quill Ti cans are nice and adds to the weight saving. As does a Li battery, which feels like there's nothing actually inside it. Along with the fairings and fan I'm hopeful of a few kgs saved but there's not much else. I do have an ally front fairing but that will go on later once I figure out out to attach the clocks to it.

Let's hope I don't make a pig's ear of the fairings. ImageImage
No bike (yet).
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mav617 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:59 pm Busy day, washed both, adjusted/lubed chain and fitted Kappa Handguards to my XSR700, great for keeping the wind off and to protect the digits when filtering. Also put a 42T rear sprocket on the lil Duke, in place of the 45T standard, as recommended by our old friend Kermit Le Frog who popped up on the 390 Duke forum :thumbup: Then adjusted and lubed chain on that one too. Now to have a well earned cider or three.
Will it really pull a higher gearing like that (3 tooth less on rear sprocket) without making the bike feel sluggish Mav :?:

It should make the already amazing mpg even better if it does :eh:

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 pm
Mav617 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:59 pm Busy day, washed both, adjusted/lubed chain and fitted Kappa Handguards to my XSR700, great for keeping the wind off and to protect the digits when filtering. Also put a 42T rear sprocket on the lil Duke, in place of the 45T standard, as recommended by our old friend Kermit Le Frog who popped up on the 390 Duke forum :thumbup: Then adjusted and lubed chain on that one too. Now to have a well earned cider or three.
Will it really pull a higher gearing like that (3 tooth less on rear sprocket) without making the bike feel sluggish Mav :?:

Chris.
Cheers Chris, it feels okay just on a short blast, Kermit and the other forum guys recommend the swap so touch wood......am even thinking I might chop in the XS700 for the Duke 790.... :think:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 pm Pretty much finished building the engine to go I the bike the stage 2 came out of. There's probably another hour or so of work left and I can get the bike built up and off to a new owner.

:eek2 :eek2 new owner? waaaaaaaaa? this isnt your bike you are selling is it? :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

fabiostar wrote:
freeridenick wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 pm Pretty much finished building the engine to go I the bike the stage 2 came out of. There's probably another hour or so of work left and I can get the bike built up and off to a new owner.

:eek2 :eek2 new owner? waaaaaaaaa? this isnt your bike you are selling is it? :eek2
No, no. It's the one that donated the stage 2 and other nice bits. It's a bit scruffy and the plastics have been down the road, but it'll have a fresh engine and a couple of nice bits going with it.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mav617 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:32 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 pm

Chris.
Cheers Chris, it feels okay just on a short blast, Kermit and the other forum guys recommend the swap so touch wood......am even thinking I might chop in the XS700 for the Duke 790.... :think:
Kermit Le Frog must know, so I'm sure it'll be fine :thumbup:

I'm amazed to hear you're thinking about chopping in the XS700 Mav. That Duke 390 must be really impressing you 8)

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

gilson wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:32 pm Need to add fairings, gear indicator and brake guard.

The Quill Ti cans are nice and adds to the weight saving. As does a Li battery, which feels like there's nothing actually inside it. Along with the fairings and fan I'm hopeful of a few kgs saved but there's not much else. I do have an ally front fairing but that will go on later once I figure out out to attach the clocks to it.

Let's hope I don't make a pig's ear of the fairings. ImageImage
You're getting there mate :clap:

Chris.