what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

xeris wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:39 pm From an '09-'11 Monster 1100.
The stock axial masters limited the positioning of the bars. They look better, but the real reason was to improve the ergonomics a bit. Closer, but still not exactly where I want to be. What I need is for Tommaselli to offer the riser part of the clip-on with a bit more height. That would be perfect, I think.
Woodcraft offer a few different rise heights.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Today I have mainly been...

Fitting a F4i master cylinder to The Murvinator... A recent evil bay purchace... :thumbup:
Murv mc 1.JPG
With the double banjo on it was touching the fork top & so limiting the angle of the dangle...
Murv mc 3.JPG
So fitted an adapter & now there is plenty of clearence.

This has now aloud a bit move adjustment to the bars as well so starter button & hooter dont touch the tank on full lock..needs a tad more off the fairing as it is touching the switchgear on the top on full lock... Pass the dremmel... :lol: :lol:

The M/C came with a shorty red lever which is a bit of an eyefull will have to keep me eye out for something else... Yes loads on ebay but the F4i clutch is a cable...So that buggers up buying a pair... :roll:
Murv mc 2.JPG
Nice ehhh ? :lol: :lol: Not...

It'll do for now, currently running a std clutch lever so the deff don't match... Thankfully I don't suffer too badly from OCD... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I think blackbird ones are the same Macster I have matching master cylinders on my fighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep duffers is right blackbirds match 👍.
You’ve dropped them forks a fair wack mac !
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

xeris wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:46 am
sirch345 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:58 pm
xeris wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:39 pm From an '09-'11 Monster 1100.
The stock axial masters limited the positioning of the bars. They look better, but the real reason was to improve the ergonomics a bit. Closer, but still not exactly where I want to be. What I need is for Tommaselli to offer the riser part of the clip-on with a bit more height. That would be perfect, I think.
Is this with OEM Firestorm/Superhawk front brake calipers :?:

Chris.
I’m running calipers from a CBR 954
Thanks for the information :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:07 pm Today I have mainly been...

Fitting a F4i master cylinder to The Murvinator... A recent evil bay purchace... :thumbup:

Murv mc 1.JPG

With the double banjo on it was touching the fork top & so limiting the angle of the dangle...

Murv mc 3.JPG

So fitted an adapter & now there is plenty of clearence.

This has now aloud a bit move adjustment to the bars as well so starter button & hooter dont touch the tank on full lock..needs a tad more off the fairing as it is touching the switchgear on the top on full lock... Pass the dremmel... :lol: :lol:

The M/C came with a shorty red lever which is a bit of an eyefull will have to keep me eye out for something else... Yes loads on ebay but the F4i clutch is a cable...So that buggers up buying a pair... :roll:

Murv mc 2.JPG

Nice ehhh ? :lol: :lol: Not...

It'll do for now, currently running a std clutch lever so the deff don't match... Thankfully I don't suffer too badly from OCD... :lol: :lol:
Looking good Mac 8)

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:51 pm Yep duffers is right blackbirds match 👍.
Nope... The yoke is in the same position as the std one was, the std clipons would take up that space...

I'm on the lookout for a Blackbird Clutch m/c but need one with a lever. They dont look the same as a Storm one to me...correct me if I'm wrong ...

Blackbird clutch lever is the same part no as the late Storm one...

They are both different to the early Storm part number...

However the VFR800 is the same part number for the clutch M/C...so that gives more options... :thumbup:
___Norwegian___

Post by ___Norwegian___ »

1. checked valves, some tight but within

2. changed brakefluid f/r

3. put the ctek on the battery

Waiting for 18mm plug tool and M-CCT's
Im on my 25'th motorcycle :)
xeris

Post by xeris »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:17 pm
lloydie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:51 pm Yep duffers is right blackbirds match 👍.
I'm on the lookout for a Blackbird Clutch m/c but need one with a lever. They dont look the same as a Storm one to me...correct me if I'm wrong ...

However the VFR800 is the same part number for the clutch M/C...so that gives more options... :thumbup:
Looking at a Honda parts fiche, it shows the same part number for both gen storms, both gen blackbirds and both VFRs gen 5 and 6 (to at least 2005).
Honda #53180-MZ1-792
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

xeris wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 pm

Looking at a Honda parts fiche, it shows the same part number for both gen storms, both gen blackbirds and both VFRs gen 5 and 6 (to at least 2005).
Honda #53180-MZ1-792
Not the fiche's I looked at... Lever...

Early Storms 53180-MR7-671

Late Storm 53180-MZ1-792

Anyhoo I've orderd a VFR800 M/C with a lever...
xeris

Post by xeris »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:52 am
xeris wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 pm

Honda #53180-MZ1-792
Not the fiche's I looked at... Lever...

Early Storms 53180-MR7-671

Late Storm 53180-MZ1-792

Anyhoo I've orderd a VFR800 M/C with a lever...
Interesting. That part no. for the early storm, 53180-MR7-671, yields nothing on two US parts sites. Either way sounds like your search is over.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
neil

Post by neil »

Had a ride out today bit chilly but the muffs work keeping hands warm. Took this photo at finish line for oldest horse race in England, it's been run on this coure for over 500 years
Attachments
20211104_162405.jpg
redvtr
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

More tinkering to The Murviator.

Mainly swapping the forks over from Hamburg to The Murvinator just beacause I knew they were fully refreshed when I built up Hamburg.

Did another & hopefully final trim to the fairing...All good now on clearence. :thumbup:

Boxed them both all back up & the postman dropped off the clutch M/C I'd orderd...

Thought about swaping it over for about 5 seconds...nah another day carn't be arsed today... :lol: :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:07 pm

Have tried a Storm brake lever, I'm sure I used one on an F4 master cylinder, most 90's Honda's used the same lever.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Got the wiring soldered up and re-wrapped after removing the spyball alarm and removed the sub frame.
Was planning to sand it down and paint it myself, but at a closer look it could need a proper blasting and maybe powder coating :Disbelief: :D

Bad choices make good stories :D