Snowflake alert...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Snowflake alert...

Post by MacV2 »

This is just getting really silly now...

They have been midget gems for years FFS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-59981811

Next someone will complain that Firestorm is offensive because of those killed in bombing raids...

Obviously Honda didnt worry about it despite Tokyo being scorched...

Worst thing is I'd have to rename Dresden & Hamburg...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Re: Snowflake alert...

Post by fabiostar »

Christ almighty when will this world catch a grip :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

As long as people are scared of ‘hurty’ words we’ll continue along the same road. It’s why being with mates, colleagues or even the muppets on here😉😂 and generally having a laugh and taking the piss is so important. Like minded individuals who give as good as they get, and not in the way Pete L is thinking😉
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

its getting dangerous to open your mouth and talk these days.

The generation gap today is not defined by music or fashion, its WOKE we dont understand! I consider myself very inclusive and non judgmental, but I have to be careful and stay away from some topics when talking with my kids, as I dont know what the correct (acceptable) new term is for something, or what has now become off limits!!

so now I best to buy them any sweets! :lol:

even Elvis Costello has distanced himself from his own song, Olivers Army. he is of irish decent, and the words he used were what his grand parents were called as a derogatory name when they first arrived in the UK. but people hear the N word and start making the wrong assumptions.

mental
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Damm my new line of snack foods is gonna have to be re branded...

So no Spazz Drops, Mong Balls, Cripple Clusters and Flid Flakes.

Back to the drawing board it is then...

Don't want to upset the Crystallized water formation mob...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:06 pm its getting dangerous to open your mouth and talk these days.

The generation gap today is not defined by music or fashion, its WOKE we dont understand! I consider myself very inclusive and non judgmental, but I have to be careful and stay away from some topics when talking with my kids, as I dont know what the correct (acceptable) new term is for something, or what has now become off limits!!

even Elvis Costello has distanced himself from his own song, Olivers Army. he is of irish decent, and the words he used were what his grand parents were called as a derogatory name when they first arrived in the UK. but people hear the N word and start making the wrong assumptions.

mental
Have you ever thought about where this is coming from Al :?:

Chris.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

I have never really associated short folk with the term 'midget' Dwarfism is a well known condition and dwarf is what springs to mind for me with particularly short folk although that also makes me think of Gimli from Lord of the Rings plus several other short overly hairy characters from various video games.. wonder if she will complain about them too..

As for M&S rebranding.. Think i'd of simply chucked the sweets on the top shelf where they couldn't see them then everyone would be happy :lol: :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:26 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:06 pm its getting dangerous to open your mouth and talk these days.

mental

Chris.
I blame the internet ..... :lol:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:45 pm

mental

Chris.
I think it's worse than that.
From what I can gather it's the schools we have to thank for this, and it appears it's been going for the last 15 to 20yrs or more :evil:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:12 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Chris.
I think it's worse than that.
From what I can gather it's the schools we have to thank for this, and it appears it's been going for the last 15 to 20yrs or more :evil:

Chris.
There's no "F" in "winner"....
And that's the problem.
No competition, we reward mediocre and average, so where's the incentive to excel?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

8O 8O 8O
Hmph!
May I just say how disappointed I am with all of you!

I opened this post expecting a weather report and instead it's about a bunch of grumpy old men complaining because they can't keep up with the modern vernacular!

And Kev...Stop, you can't always come out on top!!

By the way...can't use the term "Snowflake" any more :crazy:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Mwooarr, matron :wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF