what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

As I managed to snap one of the lens covers off one of me mini LED indis the other day...It was hanging at a slightly wonkey angle so as I gave a tweak I managed to snap the lens...

So today I fitted a set of sequential ones...

The LED relay didnt work fully with the indis only scroling just over half way.

I'd bought an adjustable relay but it's not plug & play like the old one...Grrr... I found some spade conectors the correct size & cut the wires off another LED relay I had with the corect plug, quick crimp & conect up...Indis only come on even less that before... Adjust the adjuster on the relay...

Full sweep :thumbup:

Next issue the fronts are too short & only half stick out of the fairing... Thinks :confused I'll use the nuts as spacers & use the nuts off the old ones to bolt them up...No, because of course they are a diffrent thread... Found the only bit of tube/spacer I had that went over the bolt, cut in half..2x spacers

Sorted the rears out...

Fitted the fronts, fairing back on all tested all working...Jobs a good 'un... Flashy flashers :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

The man in the brown van brought me a box.......wither projects almost done..... :thumbup:

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Unless you're trying to mislead us Mike :wink: the box appears to have 'Race Tech' tape on it :lol:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:32 pm As I managed to snap one of the lens covers off one of me mini LED indis the other day...It was hanging at a slightly wonkey angle so as I gave a tweak I managed to snap the lens...

I'd bought an adjustable relay but it's not plug & play like the old one...Grrr... I found some spade conectors the correct size & cut the wires off another LED relay I had with the corect plug, quick crimp & conect up...Indis only come on even less that before... Adjust the adjuster on the relay...

Next issue the fronts are too short & only half stick out of the fairing... Thinks :confused I'll use the nuts as spacers & use the nuts off the old ones to bolt them up...No, because of course they are a diffrent thread... Found the only bit of tube/spacer I had that went over the bolt, cut in half..2x spacers

Sorted the rears out...

Fitted the fronts, fairing back on all tested all working...Jobs a good 'un... Flashy flashers :thumbup:
:worthless_thread_wo_pics:

:lol: A video of these posh indicators would be better Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well after a bit of homework to see what would actually work ended up with this:

A new set of TNK fork tubes even though they only list tubes for a SP1. Though I have found that the tube itself is the same on the Sp1 & Sp2
After reassembly the suspension can be checked off the list :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:31 pm
MacV2 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:32 pm As I managed to snap one of the lens covers off one of me mini LED indis the other day...It was hanging at a slightly wonkey angle so as I gave a tweak I managed to snap the lens...

Sorted the rears out...

Chris.
Did a vid on me phone it wont allow me to load it on here so you'll have to put up with this...

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:36 pm
sirch345 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Sorted the rears out...

Chris.
Did a vid on me phone it wont allow me to load it on here so you'll have to put up with this...

Thanks Mac :clap:

They look good,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:53 pm Well after a bit of homework to see what would actually work ended up with this:

A new set of TNK fork tubes even though they only list tubes for a SP1. Though I have found that the tube itself is the same on the Sp1 & Sp2
After reassembly the suspension can be checked off the list :thumbup:
Is this a necessary replacement, or an upgrade :?:

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

The old ones were worn out. The chrome at the lower bushing was completely gone 8O
So with the recently serviced rear shock the suspension should be sorted for this spring.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The Murvinator got a rear T-piece fitted, strangely It already had a front, carbs balanced & checked the TPS which was over 1000 8O
Got it down to just over 600 just by loosening the bolts & turning...
Would need air box off to get it off fully to take the brass bits out.
Just about managed to do it today by just lifting the tank up...

Do it next time I'm in that deep...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 pm The Murvinator got a rear T-piece fitted, strangely It already had a front, carbs balanced & checked the TPS which was over 1000 8O
Got it down to just over 600 just by loosening the bolts & turning...
Would need air box off to get it off fully to take the brass bits out.
Just about managed to do it today by just lifting the tank up...

Do it next time I'm in that deep...
I would leave it where it is Mac. Mine is just under 600, it was lower, but I prefer this setting as I don't really use top end on the road.
Mike (8541hawk) also now recommends 570, so you're not far off that,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 pm The old ones were worn out. The chrome at the lower bushing was completely gone 8O
So with the recently serviced rear shock the suspension should be sorted for this spring.
Ah that makes sense :thumbup:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Got it running and balanced the carbs .
Runs well ,now to start sorting the next step
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:37 pm Got it running and balanced the carbs .
Runs well ,now to start sorting the next step
Good work Lloydie :thumbup:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Nice one Lloydie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project