Rear paddock stand advice

General Bike chat
yellabell

Rear paddock stand advice

Post by yellabell »

I want to get a rear paddock stand for my VTR. If you look at the attached photos there are already some small bobbins attached on the rear footrest hangers. What stands are suitable and what fittings do I need so as to use these? I like this idea as opposed to the generic ones that fits under the swing arm as they load the shock spring up. Cheers for the advice.

Kev L

Re: Rear paddock stand advice

Post by Kev L »

Those bobbins are for luggage straps, not intended for the weight of the bike. There are some bobbins which attach via a long bolt through the rear wheel spindle. Obviously these negate some of the usefulness of the paddock stand because you can’t remove the rear wheel. I had blocks welded under the swing arm which allow the rear to be lifted and all wheel etc to be removed/maintained. To be able to work on the rear shock as well an Abba stand works best.
Some folk have drilled and tapped the swing arm.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You can see my option on these photo’s-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Ahhh makes sense cheers Kev. I was wondering how the hell I'd get near those bobbins as they're above the cans. I didn't even suss they were for luggage.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Kev L wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:59 pm Some folk have drilled and tapped the swing arm.
Rivnuts or rivet nuts are also a good option for mounting swingarm bobbins :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Get yourself an ABBA stand... Far more stable than an padockstand...

As it happens...

viewtopic.php?p=494469#p494469

Only two left...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...