Oil Cooler Technical Info.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Azer

Oil Cooler Technical Info.

Post by Azer »

Hey up,

Does anybody know how the oil cooler pipes are retained in the flexi-hoses at the bottom (engine) end of the pipes?

I'd like to re-site the cooler by shortening the pipes.
I don't recognise the union between pipe and hose as being any kind of easily undone fitting.

Is it easier/less complicated or just better advice to change the lot for a hose from the engine to the cooler thereby giving me more choice on where to re-locate the cooler to?

Thanks
8541Hawk

Re: Oil Cooler Technical Info.

Post by 8541Hawk »

To remove the hose from the bit that bolts to the engine, take a dremel type tool and make 2 cuts 180 degrees apart on the metal clamped on fitting. No need to cut though the hose, just the metal shell. Then bend then open and the hose will pull right off. At that point you can have a set of -6 AN weld on fitting installed and can run any length line you want. You will need to figure out the fittings at the cooler end if you retain the stock cooler or if you go aftermarket then just get one with -6 fittings and you are good. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.