Sell or break?

General Biker Banter
StewartR

Sell or break?

Post by StewartR »

Hi all

Looking for some sense of what the appetite for Firestorm parts is like at the moment? Wondering about parting my bike out as an alternative to selling.

Cheers,

Stewart.
MacV2

Re: Sell or break?

Post by MacV2 »

Stu I've broken a couple up now...bling bits sell quickly, Shocks ect... Rare bits if in good nick sell quickly, clutch covers, oil lines, unmarked std cans, un hacked looms, ect.

The rest of it you can have laying around for a long time...

I have mutiple rear lights, expansion tanks, sprocket carriers, clip ons, lower yokes... I have about 8 crates of stuff in the cave & wheels & swingarms in the shed...

Add to that you need the room to strip it, lets say you have a decent atftermarket shock & thats the first bit that sells... You now have a bike you cant move... Then you have issues with things like seized engine mounts to contend with...

So if you have the time & room to strip it down, time & patience to deal with the listing of bits, packing & sending & dealing with 'the public' in getting paid & not getting feked around... ''i'll have **** can I pay you at the end of the month ?''

Good luck if you deciced to do it... Top tips #1 Clean stuff before photos. #2 Get payment in full, confirmed if online, before posting. # Start collecting boxes & get loads of tape. #Use a decent carrier...Tried a few now I'm using Parcleforce, decent prices & they pick up from your home...

Good Luck...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StewartR

Re: Sell or break?

Post by StewartR »

Ooh that all sounds like work, but thanks for sharing your experiences.

I cleared a lot of stuff pretty quickly when i took it's clothes off but I guess that was the easy selling stuff I guess you were talking about.

I've listed on Gumtree and FB Marketplace so will leave those stewing for a bit and see what gives.

Thanks again 👍