Headphones in helmet?

General Bike chat
MrMastodon

Headphones in helmet?

Post by MrMastodon »

What do people normally do? I always wear earplugs (a habit from the Guzzi so I don't hear all the rattles). But it would be rather nice to have sat nav instructions.

Some sort of special helmet headphones stuck in helmet? Earbud type? No idea so any experiences would be good to hear.
Kev L

Re: Headphones in helmet?

Post by Kev L »

I’ve got Cardo earphones in my Atari Tour X4, I use it on my Transalp and it links through my Tomtom rider to my I phone. Gives directions whilst riding, but the Transalp has a high screen and is quiet. The Storm is a different matter. I have my IPhone mounted via a Quad lock system on the top yoke, I linked them to some Motorola earbuds I use for the gym, couldn’t hear a thing through them on the run today! Work perfectly on my old Triumph T100T, but that is a little slower!!!

Have a look at the Cardo systems👍
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MrMastodon

Post by MrMastodon »

That's useful to know - I was doubtful about hearing anything above the din of the unbaffled Quills and the wind noise. I have to wear earplugs - well I prefer to so I don't keep listening to mechanical noises and worrying - a habit from the Guzzi 8O

Might be best for me to check out mounting the phone and using eyes instead of ears. I'm finding I'm riding the same routes as I know the way and quite fancy planning some new routes as opposed to just getting lost and seeing where I end up!

Just had a look at the Card kit - looks very good indeed will check it out if I go that route.
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

I just asked a similar question a few days ago. I needed an intercom for rider to pillion. I've just bought and tested out the Cardo Freecom 2+ Duo this week. Chuffin marvellous! Speakers mount within the helmet in some recesses designed to accommodate them. Sound quality is excellent and automatically adjusts. I can hear my satnav clearly and 2 way rider/passenger is clear too. The 2+ is apparently good for up to 800m I think it says so that you can chat to a riding buddy on the road. If you buy the 4+ that distance is doubled and you can chat to more riders in your group if that's an advantage?