Hey there from Waiwera New Zealand

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Coasty

Hey there from Waiwera New Zealand

Post by Coasty »

Hey there from a very proud new owner of a bright yellow 2002 Honda Firestorm
I have wanted one for ages & now I have one & I am going to ride the wheels off it,
you guys have a great forum here, lots of info & help full advice,
I am looking forward to starting to ride a few track days & generally having a summer of getting about on the yellow peril,
I also have a 1997 XR250R , XR200 (daughters) Honda Foreman TRX400 quad, Harley Street bob , & a 1991 SWB Nissan Safari 4x4
recently sold a Kawasaki KDX200 ,XR200 & a MINT Suzuki VX800 to make way for the Firestorm & keep me sweet with the chancellor of the cheque book
who to be fair has the patience of a saint,
cheers
Coasty

Attachments
Firestorm.jpg
we might be ruff but we're cheap
alanfjones1411

Re: Hey there from Waiwera New Zealand

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: That looks like a nice bike,but at a quick look I see you have auto cam chain tensioners,they should be replaced with manual tensioners as they are a known weakness and potential engine wreckers.Enjoy :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club
👍
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Welcome to our interweb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard from New Zealand Coasty :thumbup:

Your bike looks a tidy machine,

Chris.
Coasty

Post by Coasty »

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps,
very observant of you Alan to see the standard cct's, it has only done 32,000km but it has been laid up for the last eight years so while it hasn't done many miles it is still twenty years old so new cct's are sound advice especially with track days planned, I will put it higher up on "to do" list
cheers
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Coasty wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:49 am Thanks for the warm welcome chaps,
very observant of you Alan to see the standard cct's, it has only done 32,000km but it has been laid up for the last eight years so while it hasn't done many miles it is still twenty years old so new cct's are sound advice especially with track days planned, I will put it higher up on "to do" list
cheers
Not to put a dampener on your new bike, but if your bike has been laid up for the last eight years there is very likely more of chance for a CCT failure. I would put addressing the CCT job at the top of your to do list,

Chris.
Coasty

Post by Coasty »

thanks Chris, we are in the middle of steering head bearings at the moment, but once that is done CCT's are next, it is only August here so wet, cold, & miserable at the moment so no rush to get out and about. blowing up the new bike that has been on the "to do" list for quite some time is not really option so appreciate the advice
cheers
Coasty