1st time back on forum for years update

General Bike chat
Mike TW9

1st time back on forum for years update

Post by Mike TW9 »

Hi Folks,

I haven't logged into the forum for years, not least because I bought a small car in Dec 2020 (old Vauxhall Corsa 1.2, best driven granny style, don't like long bike rides when it gets cold in winter!) at which point I wasn't really using the Firestorm any more, so I took it off the road. Before that I didn't have a car so relied on the bike. I'm now looking to get it back on the road & intend to give it a bit of tlc incl. a new front tyre & rear LED light cluster, (as a third of the rear light no longer works) but it's developed a running issue which I'm hoping someone will be able to advise on & will post separately in the workshop on that (it can start & run ok for a short while but then proceeds to piss the contents of the tank on the floor & conks out). At this rate I may not actually get the bike bike on the road until next year, but best to try & sort the issues well in advance. If I find I don't use it much next summer it could be time to sell up.

I still think it's a great bike & love it, but I'd probably choose something lighter & more boring/sensible these days. I've done well over 20k on it since buying it (with c. 20k on the clock at the time). Only real issue I had in that time was a failed rectifier which I initially replaced with a cheap chinese one against all good advice which failed within a few hundred miles.

The bike's only dropped twice- first time it was parked, I think it was blown over but it could have been a manouevring car. Second time was embarrassing- I was leaving work in view of a CCTV camera screened in my shared office. I was doing less than 5mph and made the mistake of leaning & then stalling the engine trying to turn out & couldn't quite hold it. Fortunately I don't think any colleagues were watching the CCTV screen at the time. Not much damage from these drops, new crack in the fairing being the worst, aside from that just a cracked indicator & easily replaced broken exhaust rivet.

Anyway, I do hope everyone's well & all are still in one piece, hi to all (Carl, Agent P, Tony Mon, Mac etc...), I'll post in the workshop now...

Best wishes,

Mike
MacV2

Re: 1st time back on forum for years update

Post by MacV2 »

Welcom back Mike...Sort of... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome back Mike :thumbup:

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Welcome back.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hey, how's things?

Oh. You just updated.
Forget I asked.

Stupid question, I've embarrassed myself again.

Anyway, welcome back🙂
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

Thanks all! :-)