Selling my Storm (SOLD BUT PLEASE READ 2ND POST)

Moderator: VTRDark

popkat

Selling my Storm (SOLD BUT PLEASE READ 2ND POST)

Post by popkat »

I do love this bike and when I go out on it I have a great time, I don’t ride it much though and due to some sad health issues I can’t see be riding it much again, maybe one or two times and not far.
It will be looking for a loving home, it currently has less than 11000 miles, have MOT, service history, good tyres, needs nothing.
It’s a F1 model in yellow on a W plate (Y2K), has K Tech fork springs, WP rear shock, Powerbronze belly pan, Micron carbon pipes. Bike is very clean, not mint as there is the odd stone chip and the odd slight age related mark, but at first glance you would think it was mint. CCT’s are stopper modded, I can throw in a std set of cct’s which you could convert if you wish to go manual.
I have owned the bike for about 7 or 8 years
I don’t want to sell but I feel I need to get it out there while I can, hopefully a loving new owner is on here and looking to buy. I’m not advertising it anywhere else at the moment, I am looking for a reasonable price, as usual prices are all over the place, I saw one mentioned in the last few days that was recently bought for £2650 with 23000 miles and a few extra’s, based on that let’s start at £2950 I may consider offers. Let’s see how it goes.
Please don’t be like Facebook and tell me how you bought one for £1100 (that was a minger) keep it to a for sale post, thank you 😀

Last edited by popkat on Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Re: Selling my Storm

Post by popkat »

Update
After 7.5 years of ownership I have now sold the bike, I got £2700 for it which is a good price but I do wish these fantastic machines had a higher value which they deserve, I'm happy with the price though but more happy with the fact it has gone to one of my oldest friends who I recently re connected with after 16 years (sometimes silly things make you lose touch). I loved owning it but never did much miles on it, only about 3500 in the time i owned it, I will miss it for sure and this will have been my last Firestorm (had 3). I don't think I'll be riding for too much longer so I've bought something new to do as many miles on as possible while I can, Off to Spain in a week or so to and I only pick it up 3 days before, that should rack up a couple of thousand miles.
Also will be selling a VFR800FI 1998 pre v tec model, this is the best model VFR they made, cracking bike, good all year round bike, stainless full exhaust system, micron can, MRA screen. not perfect, wheel paint not great, some r/h slight damage repaired but not great although most don't notice unless you point it out, everything works perfect, just fitted new later style mirrors at a cost of £75, not even been out on it, just fitted new generator and reg/rec, as charging was slightly low, £1700 on this one no offers, a great year round bike you won't worry about but just enjoy. msg me if you'd like more details and pictures.

This is what I'm getting to replace them, (internet picture not my bike) I'lL have to meet up with Pete l and have a little comparison.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Kev L

Re: Selling my Storm (SOLD BUT PLEASE READ 2ND POST)

Post by Kev L »

Well done mate, enjoy the new bike :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well done Malc enjoy your trip on the new steed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

popkat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:18 am I'lL have to meet up with Pete l and have a little comparison.
Sounds like a plan. Especially after you've done Spain and I've got Scotland under my belt :thumbup:
It'll be interesting to find out how it compares to the katana too. There's quite a difference to the old F model I had :thumbup:
All good the Malc, you'll love it
:D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal