Site Admin

Re: Op Storm Wales 2022 9th-10th-11th September

Post by sirch345 »

Have an enjoyable and safe time guy's :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:50 pm Have an enjoyable and safe time guy's :thumbup:

Chris.
Aren't the two mutually exclusive?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:10 pm
sirch345 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:50 pm Have an enjoyable and safe time guy's :thumbup:

Chris.
Aren't the two mutually exclusive?
:lol: Not always, but probably are for some :silent:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That was a great weekend - two full days of riding with a good group both days, no-one got lost and no dramas.

Diamond job, thanks to all who helped make it work so smoothly😁

And it didn't rain the whole time!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

What a great weekend Thanks to Kev & Sue for organising and to everyone else for making it such good fun. It was gyro meet you all. Just got home and the old FJ averaged 40.3 mpg not bad for a 31 year old girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Thanks for another top weekend!

I got a few pics of you leaving and a couple while on my mountain bike ride.

I'll be equipped with my Storm next year Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jamie :wave:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great photos Jamie thanks for sharing

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Great piccies Jamoi.
Is that Victor on a new toy?

Love the Elan Damn and surrounding area. A mountain bike is more than fast enough to take in all the scenery around there

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Crackin' photo's 8)
Thanks for posting them up Jamie :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Op Storm Wales 2022...The Story of Nue Red.

Post by MacV2 »

So this year started of on Thursday with Mr Jones & his Panzervagon turning up at Chez Grain for an overnight before the Friday ride up.

Coffee was drunk food was consumed & general bolacks was talked.

Up & atom Friday morning off out & on the way first stop Clackets lane to meet up with The Duffster & his FJ... Rain gear was the option for the day.

Off we trundle light showers on & off, pit stop at Reading for a coffee, snack & fule... I'm sure I got a free snack as I paid with a £20 & got given some change & a £20 back...??? Didn't complain about it..hahaha

Back on the road M4 was pants with lots of traffic & 50 limits for chunks of it & more rain showers some quite heavy... :x

Pit stop at not Aust services as it's called Severn view or something now... Bit more of a sit down as lunch was consummed.

This is where it started to go a bit pete tong. I hadnt botherd with the trusty MacNav bit of paper so gave Jonesey the lead with his sat nav. This of course took us the long way by M Ways first off heading west when we should have been going in a NE direction... Ok we got there in the end without stopping which meant a fule stop on the way out on Sat morn...

For a Storm meet only two Storms kept up the tradition...These days it's more of a BMW & Ducati fest...Shame but ho hum it's still a hoot meeting up with the crew & a few new faces.
W 22 1.jpg
Friday eve unsuprisinly involved alcohol & general bolacks + food prepared by the Cheeky ladies, Chilli & pizzas Thanks Sue & the crew...

Claimed the sofa to sleep on as the bunks are a bit small & didnt fancy a top bunk... Getting up in the night for a pish would have been a nightmare !

Up bright & early on Sat morn, cuppa, fag, shidown & a shower, then the hoards started emerging from thier pits...

Bunkgate...

An Irate Mons had a go at Victor for taking his bunk... He had been directed there by someone else but should have wonderd why there was gear on the bunk & the bed not made up...Think tony was more peveed by the fact his gear had been dummped on the floor...Handbags at dawn, well about 7.30 ish...

Sit down breakie about 8.30, more coffee & fags & general baldrocks. Saddle up for 10.00.

The focused group left first, the relaxed group shortly after & straight to a petrol station...

The relaxed group is still flat out in places & hardly relaxing ! :lol:

So much so, not many pics of the weekend...

We trundled off for a bit of a meander & at a short stop for fule & drinks it was decided to head for Barry ( the seaside resort not Bazza) for lunch. This was a few more main roads rather than twisties, & some dubious back roads in the town, narrow, bummpy, twisty, steep downhill... 8O Despite heading off down a dead end, a bit of pavment surfing we got through , we got there in one peice & made use of facilities...
W 22 2.jpg
W 22 4.jpg
Barry Island beach front...Nue Red, Emmas Suzk & the Panzervagon.

After lunch we headed off via another fule stop... This time we hit some really nice roads, not a lot of traffic & heading up. Me ears even popped at one point... A stop at the top over looking a valley, where the zip wire place is...
W 22 6.jpg
W 22 7.jpg
W 22 9.jpg
Then we headed in the direction of Rhayader & after a long day out we got back to the bunkhouse sometime after 16.00...To find the Focuesed group already back & dinking beer. They had bailed out & headed home insted of carrying on for another 100 miles...Some of them had been there since Thursday & had been out riding on Friday...So fair play...

So Sat was BBQ night, the coals were lit the susages & burgers were burnt, beer was drunk an informal toast to Benny, Norman & Wicky thanks to a bottle of Glensomething Scotch brought along by Jonesey.
W 22 12.jpg
I say informal as there were only 5 shot glasses so I had to serve it dram by dram.

Went down well tho it was a nice sniffter...

So after another night on the sofa, quite comfy as it happens. Bazza was up alredy & joined me in dishwashing duties, someone has to do it...

Before breakie I decided to wipe the dew off me saddle, whilst I'm there I go round & do them all. My good deed for the day, which means I can from now of be obnoxious to every one...Hahahaha

Man hugs & fairwells for another year, some of these miscreants I wont see till Wales '23...

I didnt get a pic of the other Storm but this was there & its probaly faster...
W 22 21.jpg

Ready for the off...Almost, need to turn round to get out.

Off we head homeward bound. This time I took the lead to get us out of Rhayader & heading in the right direction to get back to the M4... We stopped for a regroup & I let Jones take over Sat nav set for M4 Crossing...It still took us via Hereford & the Severn crossing bridge was closed for repairs so we had to use the other one... Jones likes a bridge hahahaha. Quote ''I'm alright if I cant see over the edge & see the tiny ships...''

First pit stop @ Monmouth services just before the crossing back into England.

Once again we stopped at Reading for the final fule stop & a bite to eat.

We managed to get a final photo opertunity & proper Bin shot for Wicky... :lol:

The final run home on the M25, Duffy got the hump in traffic & fecked off never to be seen again... Naughty you dont leave your riding mates behind...

I waited for Jones to catch up & made the signal for a drink as we were near Clackets. So we stopped & grabbed a final drink before saying farewell as I was peeling off on to the M26 to head home...

Nue red run fautlessly & I didn't throw him down the road this year.

Tucked up in the cave about 16.00.

The washing can wait till Tuesday...

Another great weekend with me biking mates even tho the don't ride Storms most of them...

Oh & apart from the rain on the way down It stayed dry the rest of the weekend.

Roll on '23.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great weekend and write up Macster
I didn’t get the hump and feck off I actually slowed down for a few miles at around 50 mph but didn’t see you in my mirrors
Then I fecked off

Duffy1964
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Great write-up Mac :thumbup:
Thanks for making the time and effort to do that, and for posting up the photo's :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:19 pm Great weekend and write up Macster Image
I didn’t get the hump and feck off I actually slowed down for a few miles at around 50 mph but didn’t see you in my mirrors Image
Then I fecked off Image

Well you obviously didn't slow down enough...Hahahahaha

We stopped @ Clackets for a drink anyway...Oh & Chris did his good samaritan bit & helped a lady out with a soft front tyre, having a fight with the air hose machine... It was a hire car & either had a slow puncture or wasnt checked...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Thanks to all of you for write-ups and pictures of rideouts. They're always interesting :clap:
Bad choices make good stories :D
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Great write ups.Wishing I still had bike.Quick question.Does a 650/700 transalp have the same problems as a vtr with cct's.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN