fabiostar

Re: HONDA ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR 10 NEW ELECTRIC BIKES BY 2025

Post by fabiostar »

is it just me :eek2 but id rather bite my own head of :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

As much as I'll always prefer petrol, if you haven't ridden one of the new energica bikes then you'll be amazed by them when you do. They don't have the same experience as a petrol bike, but the performance is gobsmacking on the road. They even sound good. Weather the Honda ones will be as good who knows, but gives me hope that there is a future for bikes
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i'm with fabio
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I’m with Fabio too. I prefer to be a petrol head dinosaur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Like them or not I think they're the future, at least the future that's been decided for us. By that I mean electric rather than synthetic fuel powered ICE, say.

An electric motor is a more efficient engine and the power source should be easy to replace with something else as they're developed.

I'm hoping to try one at the NEC but failing that I'll see if I can get a test ride elsewhere. Not that I'll buy one. For me, and the mileage I do, keeping an old bike running is still more environmentally friendly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

masterdave

Post by masterdave »

If you are ever down in Suffolk, there's a great place here that have the latest Zero and Energica bikes available for demo, and plenty of tea and coffee. Anyone who doubts or even hates the idea of them, go and ride one, you may be surprised. Even if just for an afternoon out on someone else's pocket, it's an experience that's different from a petrol bike completely. I've never ridden anything petrol powered that has the response of the Energica
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

They don't have cam chain tensioners or Regulator/Rectifier units so there is two plus points in their favour already. :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Zero?
That's how much interest I have in having one.

But then I resisted electronic "safety aids" until I got my Tuono V4 Factory, they're the only way I've stayed on top of the thing ever since....

I just hate to think of the millions of Jurassic invertebrates giving up their little lives so that I can have some fun when I feel like it. It's not speeding, officer, it's honouring the memory and sacrifice of the dead.
Sort of like buying a poppy...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

Each to their own, I was the same until I tried one. Range is the only thing that lets them down really. Some of them don't have much character but some do. The only problem I had while on one was people walking out in front of it/pulling out etc because they didn't hear it coming
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

I can see the advantages of the electric motor in a bike , but, im sure they do everything well but an electric motor can never have the soul that a petrol engine has 8O .. by the time we only have electric i will be sitting in an old people home wearing nappies and telling the nurses of bygone days :lol: :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

All electric (battery powered) vehicles (bikes and cars) need to be able to charge their batteries on the go IMHO, not being reliant on electricity to recharge batteries,

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

sirch345 wrote:All electric (battery powered) vehicles (bikes and cars) need to be able to charge their batteries on the go IMHO, not being reliant on electricity to recharge batteries,

Chris.
I think the future of electric engines is in the replacement of batteries with a local electricity generator. Batteries are a temporary solution.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

This was interesting.
I'd guess 90-95% of us these days ride a bike for pleasure and not just a 10-20 mile commute into work and back. That's all electric is good for in my opinion. Love the technology though and we have to move forward in some way before we run out of Dino juice
Watch Teapot try and take one around the UK.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:46 am This was interesting.
I'd guess 90-95% of us these days ride a bike for pleasure and not just a 10-20 mile commute into work and back. That's all electric is good for in my opinion. Love the technology though and we have to move forward in some way before we run out of Dino juice
Watch Teapot try and take one around the UK.

Pete.l
Nice one Pete :)

Chris.