Bike of the year you've ridden

General Bike chat
masterdave

Bike of the year you've ridden

Post by masterdave »

What's your favourite bike you have ridden this year? Can be test ride, borrowed, owned whatever?
haynesjones66

Re: Bike of the year you've ridden

Post by haynesjones66 »

not this year, but the maddest bike i've ever test ridden was a tuono v4. totally bonkers but i cant afford one. crowd funding welcome....
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

KTM Duke 790. Seriously considering the 890 R.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

I forgot to add mine, this year I've ridden:
R1 2020
1299 panigale
KTM 1290 super Duke
Indian FTR1200
Aprilia tuono 660
BMW s1000r
Energica Eva Ribelle
Zero srs
KTM 390 duke
Plus a smattering of older bikes owned by friends and me, and my absolute favourite was the aprilia 660 tuono, such a good bike, I'm a big fan of bikes around the 100bhp mark anyway and this just blew me away with how much fun it was and how easy to ride it was when you just wanted to get from a to b. Really didn't want to take it back to the dealership as enjoyed it just so much! Special mention to the electric bikes, especially the Energica for its nearly shoulder dislocating roll on performance!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

masterdave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:59 pm I forgot to add mine, this year I've ridden:
R1 2020
1299 panigale
KTM 1290 super Duke
Indian FTR1200
Aprilia tuono 660
BMW s1000r
Energica Eva Ribelle
Zero srs
KTM 390 duke
Plus a smattering of older bikes owned by friends and me, and my absolute favourite was the aprilia 660 tuono, such a good bike, I'm a big fan of bikes around the 100bhp mark anyway and this just blew me away with how much fun it was and how easy to ride it was when you just wanted to get from a to b. Really didn't want to take it back to the dealership as enjoyed it just so much! Special mention to the electric bikes, especially the Energica for its nearly shoulder dislocating roll on performance!
That's amazing, you've road tested some bikes this year 8)
Interesting to hear about the Aprilia 660 tuono :thumbup:

Chris.
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

I test ride as many bikes as I can, love to experience different engines, chassis, dynamics, etc. Also, I have an outstanding claim that when is settled will let me treat myself to a nice bike, but haven't found anything modern I like enough to actually spend on yet, the 660 tuono was the closest though. I think if I really bought what I wanted it would be an oil cooled gsxr1100, or maybe restore my newly acquired firestorm. I definitely couldn't have a modern bike as my only bike, I find the older stuff has something about it for me that I enjoy more, don't know why. It's nice being back on a storm again, has a real character about it! I have a real want for a vfr800 pre VTEC to go alongside it though
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

Also my claim could take a long time to be settled so gives me plenty of time to think and test ride and enjoy my new storm
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

masterdave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:59 pm I forgot to add mine, this year I've ridden:
Energica Eva Ribelle
Special mention to the electric bikes, especially the Energica for its nearly shoulder dislocating roll on performance!
I did an "Instruction only" track day yesterday on my 390 Duke. It was interesting. On a dinky track (Croft) the 390 has no problem staying with the big boys. Secondly, modern tyres are amazing. I was on S22s and in the rain after lunch there was barely any loss in pace. I was in the same garage as an Energica Ribelle. Heavy but fast as feck. We only did about 70 miles on track and a lot of that was not at racing speeds. The only way he (just) got it through the day was by plugging it in whenever it wasn't running.

On a different note, there were some very beautiful bikes on show. In the same garage was an immaculate Aprilia RSV SP Factory along with an equally clean RC8 but the real beauties were two Ducati 1100 Hypermotards. I wanted to have their babies.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

I really rated the 390 Duke, so much fun to ride. Also really rate the s22, very confidence inspiring tyres!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

I actually try to avoid riding other bikes :eek2 everytime i do i look at whatever i own and think, jesus they are crap so i stay away from others best as i can :eek2 :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

I get pretty attached to my bikes so never feel like they are crap to be honest, as long as they run ok and handle ok, I'm pretty happy
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:27 pm I actually try to avoid riding other bikes :eek2 everytime i do i look at whatever i own and think, jesus they are crap so i stay away from others best as i can :eek2 :lol:
Yep. Me too. On a run a couple of years back I had a quick ride on Kermit's Aprilia, then had to go and buy one.
It's best not to be tempted- for the sake of my marriage, at least.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I didn’t ever ride one I only looked at the Multistrada and brought it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:51 am
fabiostar wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:27 pm I actually try to avoid riding other bikes :eek2 everytime i do i look at whatever i own and think, jesus they are crap so i stay away from others best as i can :eek2 :lol:
Yep. Me too. On a run a couple of years back I had a quick ride on Kermit's Aprilia, then had to go and buy one.
It's best not to be tempted- for the sake of my marriage, at least.
Last time I test rode a tuono V4 I crashed it, very funny taking it back to the dealer with parts hanging off it to be told it was sale on behalf of customer and they shouldn't have let me out on it anyway. Was an expensive day!