EBAY.....EBAY.....EBAY.....

General Biker Banter
Zer0Zer0

EBAY.....EBAY.....EBAY.....

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

GUYS...as most of you know ive been after a front wheel for my baby..
its the only major part i need to get back on the road...
there is one up on Ebay at the Mo.....please DO NOT. BID..
my funds are SERIOUSLY...DANGEROUSLY...low...ive had to sell some treasured possesions..so I WANT THAT WHEEL.......if it goes over £120 im screwed... :roll:

my nick on ebay.. is deakon2403
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
gcs

Post by gcs »

I promise ,on my wifes grave( wishfull thinking) That i wont put a bid on E Bay for a front wheel...... :wink: :wink:

Good luck anyway, how are you recovering from your off... saw the pics, not pretty. Hope full recovery soon..
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

doesn't the CBR6 wheel fit straight on too? same profile / size and everything... should more than double the amount available for you to bid at.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

I know that kitch..they all tend to go 4 around the same price.. and there are more cbrs out there with fked front ends than vtrs..... :wink:
JAY.B

Post by JAY.B »

oh i hope it's not the one i just bought with a really good buy now price 8O ha ha :lol:
THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT!
zzr600e1

Post by zzr600e1 »

thumper

Post by thumper »

i hope not its ended and marty never won it :cry:
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

fkin £$%&"£$%&^ stard

waited till the last min...got beat by £1 :cry:
beenz

Post by beenz »

Don't know if this will help but, i always have two windows open, one with the confirm bid button ready to be pressed with an over the top bid already entered.The second window watches the time remaining which i keep refreshing. So you put a bid in for say £500 for the wheel and confirm it 5 seconds before the auction ends giving no one else time to bid. It is a bit risky but has worked for me on many occasions and i hope it gets you your wheel.
alan

WHEELS

Post by alan »

Marty i still have those wheels of my mates i have knocked him down to 130 now for both
Alan
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: WHEELS

Post by sirch345 »

alan wrote:Marty i still have those wheels of my mates i have knocked him down to 130 now for both
Alan
Marty, sorry you missed out on that front wheel (I was watching the auction and willing you on as it ended) why don't you purchase Alans wheels and then flog the rear on ebay :!: only an idea mate :wink:

Chris.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Im usually quite sharp ..with my bidding on Ebay...Usually...
my head is a little puggled with the meds...I was trying to be clever and save a couple o quid...Bugger.... :?

Alan ....ok m8. ill take em! im getting a bit fed up. fking around on Ebay etc..
drop me a pm ..with your m8s details..and ill see about getting payment to him... :wink:
Thanks...
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

beenz wrote:Don't know if this will help but, i always have two windows open, one with the confirm bid button ready to be pressed with an over the top bid already entered.The second window watches the time remaining which i keep refreshing. So you put a bid in for say £500 for the wheel and confirm it 5 seconds before the auction ends giving no one else time to bid. It is a bit risky but has worked for me on many occasions and i hope it gets you your wheel.
exactly what i do, its the best method by far and ive been floating around on ebay for quite some time now!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
pug27

Post by pug27 »

you could always try

http://www.auctionsniper.com

bids on your behalf and you can set the lead time....i set mine to 2 seconds....then it bids my amount 2 seconds before the auction ends..works for me every time! You get 3 free snipes and the rest you pay for but it not much and if you recomend a friend you get 3 free for everyone that joins...
BruceK

Post by BruceK »

Marty,

Are you still looking for wheels or have you managed to sort some yet? If you still need some drop me a line as my insurers are taking my 'storm back and it seems a shame to let her go with what appears to be good wheels!

Cheers, Bruce.