what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:03 pm Ordered a set of tyres for the Tuono, while still in the IoM.
Think they saw me coming, £540 fitted ...
Hopefully they'll be here for fitting Wednesday, I'll get them scrubbed in on the way to Devon.
8O 8O

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Put a set of S22s on mine a few weeks ago. £325 fitted. What the feck are you using?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

SuperCorsa SP, V4.
Apparently they grip like the old ones but last longer- we'll see.
This includes fitting and balance, ride-in, ride-out, whereas I normally take loose wheels.
So that includes £70 for fitting to the bike.

No-one else on the IoM had any in stock, and I get home Thurs evening, leaving for Devon Friday morning, so I had no other choice.

Fitting booked for tomorrow.

Shame they end the one-way over the Mountain today or I could have scrubbed them in!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:43 am SuperCorsa SP, V4.
Apparently they grip like the old ones but last longer- we'll see.
This includes fitting and balance, ride-in, ride-out, whereas I normally take loose wheels.
So that includes £70 for fitting to the bike.

No-one else on the IoM had any in stock, and I get home Thurs evening, leaving for Devon Friday morning, so I had no other choice.

Fitting booked for tomorrow.

Shame they end the one-way over the Mountain today or I could have scrubbed them in!
Oh dear, when needs must I guess. I take the wheels down to my man. I can't stand the idea of some rubber jockey taking the wheels off and putting them back on. Since you are even more anal than me I dread to think what you think about that.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I've seen my man trying to get the axle nut off his father's KTM without doing anything with the lock washer. Hammers were involved.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Price of tyres is going through the roof!
I've just been quoted £470 for a pair of Michelin Roads 5's. If you wanted the road 6 he had to special order them and couldn't give me a date when they might be in 8O
Getting them done tomorrow afternoon. Mmmm, new rubber for Devon :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
ItsaKeeper

Post by ItsaKeeper »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:33 am Price of tyres is going through the roof!
I've just been quoted £470 for a pair of Michelin Roads 5's. If you wanted the road 6 he had to special order them and couldn't give me a date when they might be in 8O

Pete.l
I got a set of Road 6s for the firestorm in late March from Tyretectrading.co.uk and they cost £316.50 delivered, then took them to local Honda dealer who charged £60 to fit. Just checked and they are still the same price. I appreciate you may have a different motorcycle but I have used tyre tec a couple of times and they deliver within a few days. :think:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Didn't exactly go to plan re the tyres.
When I got to H and H in Douglas, the front was fine but the rear SuperCorsa was an SC2 not the SP I'd ordered.

And they were both v3's, not the v4's I'd specified.
So that left me with no tyres for Devon.

However, he had a pair of Bridgestone RS11's that had been fitted from new to a fire blade that a local guy bought for the TT.
The rear had only done the run-in mileage, about 300 miles, and he fitted a new front. £300 fitted, so worth a try.

So I'll have to scrub them in by going round every roundabout on the way to Devon twice.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That’s better than £540 and hopefully you will get on with them fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:11 pm That’s better than £540 and hopefully you will get on with them fingers crossed Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same regarding the price :D and yes hopefully you will get on with them Tony,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I looked at the comparisons, the Bridgestones are even worse in the wet. Guess what weather were expecting both Rideout days?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

ItsaKeeper wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:25 pm
Pete.L wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:33 am Price of tyres is going through the roof!

Pete.l
I got a set of Road 6s for the firestorm in late March from Tyretectrading.co.uk and they cost £316.50 delivered, then took them to local Honda dealer who charged £60 to fit. Just checked and they are still the same price. I appreciate you may have a different motorcycle but I have used tyre tec a couple of times and they deliver within a few days. :think:
Cheers M Dear :thumbup: I'll definitely keep them in mind for next time :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:59 pm I looked at the comparisons, the Bridgestones are even worse in the wet. Guess what weather were expecting both Rideout days?
I'm interested in how you get on with the RS11s. The S22s are mega in the wet.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Clutch cable snapped on the blade today !!! Orders one for a later model as it runs round the bike and not through it just got to wait till post man brings it !!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Packed & loaded Nue Red ready for DevonStorm.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...