i couldn't help myself

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
markst

i couldn't help myself

Post by markst »

I am not keen on the look of new bikes , and was considering a 600 or 1200 bandit - gosh had a few of those lol, when I stumbled across a vtr , 1 owner and only done 6k. so I popped along, omg original rear tyre , but the owner who had bought it from city in 97 had kept it in the garage and not used it often at all......i pondered the cost of new tyres, and the inevitable few things that will need doing .....and bought it a few weeks later.

This is my 3rd......i had a red one, then a blue one ...and now i have a black one.

I have to say for a low mileage bike, which whilst the fluids have all been changed I'm sure needs a bit of work....but it rides perfectly , cannot fault it so far.

lovely bike....
Duffy1964

Re: i couldn't help myself

Post by Duffy1964 »

That looks like a nice clean original storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done on your purchase, nice looking bike. If it’s running it’s original cam chain tensioners and having stood for some considerable time, they will be ripe for letting go. If you’ve had a couple before I’m sure you’re aware of the areas which need addressing on these. 👍
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
markst

Post by markst »

ah yes the infamous tensioners - I will be replacing those when it goes into the garage...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Nice find :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That bikes looks great 8) 8)
What a find :clap:

Welcome aboard :thumbup: