what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your

Post by tony.mon »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:37 pm
fabiostar wrote:found a new old stock lefthand rear panel for the pegaso and not at aprilia prices :Argue 1: . £32 delivered, chucked it on, used a firestorm footpeg to replace the one i ripped of, chucked a set of bars on i had sitting about and other than tank rash on the left side its pretty much back to how it was.

then...

i sat with a beer or 3 and just looked at the 3 of them deciding bike wise what i actually wana do, what i use my bikes for, how much or otherwise i use them :confused
iv pretty much all basis covered but, im bored and when i get bored normally the sh1t hits the fan... we will see Image
Bored with the bikes or bored with the type of biking you're doing? Or bored because you've nothing to fettle?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Bored a hole in the wall, so he's gone off the bike😆
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

@ tony, at least that would give me something to do :lol: :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Got the wiring under the seat all tidy, fitted the number plate and made a start on shaping the replacement seat foam. Oil and water tomorrow and hopefully the bodywork will be ready so I can get it running.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:04 pm Got the wiring under the seat all tidy, fitted the number plate and made a start on shaping the replacement seat foam. Oil and water tomorrow and hopefully the bodywork will be ready so I can get it running.

Fingers crossed all goes well Nick,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good luck Nick :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Donut 77

Re: what have you done to your storm today

Post by Donut 77 »

benny hedges wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:47 pm avoid going 15-45 as it will wear a lot faster than you expect due to the same teeth hitting the same links every turn.
make it an indivisible number like 15-46 or something.
you will thank me in 25000 miles, or kick yourself in 8000 for not listening :biggrin
Hi Benny,

Can you elaborate on this please. I understand the 3:1 ratio idea, but I can’t really see exactly why this would matter. Don’t the teeth just push against whichever link they happen to hit, regardless of whether the ratio is a whole number or not?

Cheers.
Good job I’m not in a rush…
No longer in the B154-M club.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: what have you done to your storm today

Post by Pete.L »

Donut 77 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:29 am
benny hedges wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:47 pm avoid going 15-45 as it will wear a lot faster than you expect due to the same teeth hitting the same links every turn.
make it an indivisible number like 15-46 or something.
you will thank me in 25000 miles, or kick yourself in 8000 for not listening :biggrin
Hi Benny,

Can you elaborate on this please. I understand the 3:1 ratio idea, but I can’t really see exactly why this would matter. Don’t the teeth just push against whichever link they happen to hit, regardless of whether the ratio is a whole number or not?

Cheers.
I don't think you'll get an answer. Benny is no longer with us :(
http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... d6#p503657
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

RIP Benny.
To answer the question:
If you have an exactly divisible ratio the same roller hits the same sprocket tooth ever time, or every third time. Any wear on a particular roller or tooth will create more wear on its partner rather than meeting that one much less often.
So any wear abnormalities are exaggerated.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well what a faff :lol: . the oil light on the dash of the LC was always very dim compared to the rest and as im doing nothing but watching daytime TV i decided to pull the clocks of, take them apart, at least 3 hands needed for that fiddly job :eek2 and 4 to get them all back together, the bulb inside had moved so easy fix.

sat back admiring my work :D . then realised id switched the bloody bulbs over and my neutral and oil light had swapped over :lol:

an hour later i sat back and admired my work again :lol: again.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:21 pm well what a faff :lol: . the oil light on the dash of the LC was always very dim compared to the rest and as im doing nothing but watching daytime TV i decided to pull the clocks of, take them apart, at least 3 hands needed for that fiddly job :eek2 and 4 to get them all back together, the bulb inside had moved so easy fix.

sat back admiring my work :D . then realised id switched the bloody bulbs over and my neutral and oil light had swapped over :lol:

an hour later i sat back and admired my work again :lol: again.
:lol: :lol: I'm glad it's not just me who does things like that :thumbup: :thumbup:

Still well worth doing though I'm sure :D

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

yeah its the little things Chris that gets on ur titties :lol:
Duffy1964

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

I repacked all my clock and console lights with led bulbs on my RD400, they look better and are less of a drain on the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Got it running . Start-up procedure as per Roger's sheet, carbs balanced and the TPS set. I was shitting myself when I pressed the starter but it started easily so I'm hoping all will be good from now on.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:21 pm yeah its the little things Chris that gets on ur titties :lol:
You not kidding Rob :lol:
Duffy1964 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:55 pm I repacked all my clock and console lights with led bulbs on my RD400, they look better and are less of a drain on the battery. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well worth doing Duffy :thumbup:
freeridenick wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:49 pm Got it running Image. Start-up procedure as per Roger's sheet, carbs balanced and the TPS set. I was shitting myself when I pressed the starter but it started easily so I'm hoping all will be good from now on.

Great to have the engine running again I'm sure Nick :clap:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:49 pm Got it running Image. Start-up procedure as per Roger's sheet, carbs balanced and the TPS set. I was shitting myself when I pressed the starter but it started easily so I'm hoping all will be good from now on.

happy days Nick great news :thumbup: