Hi Everyone!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Francom82

Hi Everyone!

Post by Francom82 »

Hi everyone. First ever post on this forum and brand new member.

Took delivery of my bike a couple of days ago.

The Love Affair with this bike goes back over 20 years when I was a humble pizza delivery boy. At the time I was riding in Aprilia RS 50, but a guy I was working with has just picked up a brand-new VTR 1000 F in what I was led to believe at the time was Dream Machine Honda colours. I’ve never seen one in those colours since, until last week when I spotted one for sale in what looks to me to be exactly the same colour scheme.

As soon as I got back from holiday, I did a deal with the guy and bought the bike.

The only difference I think in the colour scheme between my bike and the one from all those years ago, was that my friend at the time bought their bike, brand-new from an authorised Honda dealer with the colours already done, I believe by a company called dream machine in the north of the UK.

I still have the Receipt and invoice for the paint work that was done to my bike, in the year 2000, some three years after it rolled off the production line in its original colour of red.

So I guess this post is to introduce myself and my bike, and also to ask if anybody knows what this colour scheme was called, who was doing it and, as it’s faded in places, maybe who might be the right people to bring it back to its original lustre.

There might even someone on here with the same paint scheme! Anyway I love it!

Anyway, long enough, first post, thanks very much in advance.
Attachments
d3199a3c-8278-4be7-943b-48b84cdf37d3.JPG
d24fe559-6b0c-4a90-9bc9-d418023f2b78.JPG
8705b691-dc30-41b8-88dc-49ed9d402c81.JPG
IMG_5952.JPG
Kev L

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club. There have been a few folk on here who have had that scheme but I can’t think of anyone currently using the forum. Looks very nice, would you get away with a little cutting and polishing? As you have examples of the paint RS paints in Welham Green, Herts would be able to match the colours. I’m sure there are other companies that can do it but RS are local to me and I’ve had good results using them previously.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Francom82

Post by Francom82 »

Hi there

Thanks for that, I’ll give them a shout on Tuesday.

Haven’t even ridden it yet!

Can’t wait.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir hope you enjoy the forum. tidy looking bike :thumbup: iv seen a few that colour over the years tho still pretty rare.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Welcome along, nice tidy Storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Why not take it to Dream Machine?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

I like those paint colour schemes 8) 8)

Chris.
Francom82

Post by Francom82 »

Hi everybody,

Thank you for the welcome, I’ll definitely give dream machine a call tomorrow, and see what they are saying.

I think someone in another post on this forum suggested that dream machine would be able to repaint their bike in those colours with the requisite sticker pack, but the cost would be something approaching £1800 once factoring in the Courier.

Not ruling it out but could prove to be a false economy.

Will speak to them tomorrow, perhaps there is a local paint shop that might be interested in the job if dream machine are too expensive.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Whereabouts are you?
I use a guy called Tony at Cyclesprays near Gatwick.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Francom82

Post by Francom82 »

Near Worthing, West Sussex. So not far from Gatwick!