Newbie Hi..

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Smudger27

Newbie Hi..

Post by Smudger27 »

Hello from the south coast. Long time biker, well I’m
a bit born again after 11yrs off bikes. Now a proud owner of a ‘99 VTR, blue with 29k on the clock.
All standard apart from Blue Flame pipes.
Just about to convert to flat bars, assembling the various items now.
Loving the engine grunt.

Kev L

Re: Newbie Hi..

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Smudger. Whereabouts on the South coast?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

If you've not seen it already I fitted Ultra Low Renthal handle bars to my Storm. It was mainly due to a problem with my neck (old age and what comes with it) that I did this handlebar conversion. You can read about what I did here: viewtopic.php?t=41099

This handlebar conversion now means I no longer suffer pain in my neck from the head-down-a-r-s-e up riding position, although that was fine for many years. My only regret was why I hadn't done it sooner, it's like riding a big Supermoto now :lol:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the club. Flat bars are a great addition
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along.. and flat bars on a storm :thumbup: best mod ever
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Smudger27

Post by Smudger27 »

Kev L wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:37 pm Welcome to the club Smudger. Whereabouts on the South coast?
Hi, although I live over Portsmouth I’m predominantly over Weymouth on days off. Bike is kept over Weymouth with my good lady.
Smudger27

Post by Smudger27 »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:29 pm Welcome aboard :thumbup:

If you've not seen it already I fitted Ultra Low Renthal handle bars to my Storm. It was mainly due to a problem with my neck (old age and what comes with it) that I did this handlebar conversion. You can read about what I did here: viewtopic.php?t=41099

This handlebar conversion now means I no longer suffer pain in my neck from the head-down-a-r-s-e up riding position, although that was fine for many years. My only regret was why I hadn't done it sooner, it's like riding a big Supermoto now :lol:

Chris.
Hi Chris,
Im with you on the aging front, it’s my hands- thumbs really- that give me gip now.
When I was on the verge of buying this ‘Storm I searched the web and of course this site is top hit. I did do a search on flat bars and read your post, very informative and looks great.
I searched around for what bar kits were about and settled on Renthal bars which I think is a no brainer and the mounting kit is by MOTO-CNC. They have an Etsy site. Good service too. All parts minus the Venhil brake lines arrived today.

Smudger27

Post by Smudger27 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:40 am welcome to the club. Flat bars are a great addition
Hi AMCQ,
Thank you and the flat bar mod does get a mighty thumbs up on here. I’m hoping it’ll be converted by Saturday.
Smudger27

Post by Smudger27 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:11 pm welcome along.. and flat bars on a storm :thumbup: best mod ever
Hi Fabiostar,
Thank you, looking forward to riding with the new bar set up.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Smudger27 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:27 pm
fabiostar wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:11 pm welcome along.. and flat bars on a storm :thumbup: best mod ever
Hi Fabiostar,
iv used stuff from moto cnc before and anything iv bought has been great quality . :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Smudger27 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:21 pm

Chris.
Hi Chris,
Im with you on the aging front, it’s my hands- thumbs really- that give me gip now.
When I was on the verge of buying this ‘Storm I searched the web and of course this site is top hit. I did do a search on flat bars and read your post, very informative and looks great.
I searched around for what bar kits were about and settled on Renthal bars which I think is a no brainer and the mounting kit is by MOTO-CNC. They have an Etsy site. Good service too. All parts minus the Venhil brake lines arrived today.

Well done in doing your homework/research :clap:

Those handlebar mounts should work well.

I hope it all goes to plan, I look forward hearing how you got on :thumbup:

Chris.
Smudger27

Post by Smudger27 »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:49 pm
Smudger27 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:21 pm

Chris.
Hi Chris,

Well done in doing your homework/research :clap:

Those handlebar mounts should work well.

I hope it all goes to plan, I look forward hearing how you got on :thumbup:

Chris.
Thanks Chris, I’ll document the conversion and post. The brake lines arrived this morning so it’ll be an evening in the garage tomorrow or Saturday- need brake fluid. Schoolboy error.
Smudger27

Post by Smudger27 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:25 pm
Hi Fabiostar,
iv used stuff from moto cnc before and anything iv bought has been great quality . :clap:
That’s good to hear, I’d not heard of them before. Quality does look very good.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Smudger27 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:13 pm
fabiostar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:25 pm

Hi Fabiostar,
That’s good to hear, I’d not heard of them before. Quality does look very good.

i got a top yoke for blade forks from them few years ago and the machining on it was top notch :thumbup:
Donut 77

Post by Donut 77 »

Welcome on here. I’m just down the Road from you in Hedge End, yes I know, but don’t worry - a)I come from Pompey and b)I don’t like football 🤪

I got a storm 6 months ago (also blue) and this forum has really helped me with the rebuild project. MOT Tuesday 🤞🤞

I’ll be doing the flat bar mod over winter., definitely document it. Let me know if you’re up for a local ride out too. There’s one on Hayling Island most weeks I believe.
Good job I’m not in a rush…
No longer in the B154-M club.