front wheel spacers

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
burty

front wheel spacers

Post by burty »

i've just put the front wheel back in my storm and noticed the disc is really close to the fork leg on the offside is this normal i didn't notice it before when i took it out i've put the smaller of the two wheels spacers back in the offside where it came from but the wheel is definitely nearer the one fork leg than the other it all seems to be spinning freely etc and the spindle is tight any thoughts ? :eh:
Wicky

Re: front wheel spacers

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
burty

Post by burty »

Wicky wrote:Front Wheel Alignment > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 5&p=260547
think mine are in wrong way ive put smaller one in offside(throtle side ) groan
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Lucky the wheel isn't going backwards.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fiddler

Post by Fiddler »

Spokes should match front and rear ? "Flat "spoke section
over the top looking left to right wheel rotates anticlockwise as is tyre rotation . Big spacer on right UK off side . Hope all is clear
There's a fat and thin bit to the wheel hub .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Fiddler wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:00 pm Spokes should match front and rear ? "Flat "spoke section
over the top looking left to right wheel rotates anticlockwise as is tyre rotation . Big spacer on right UK off side . Hope all is clear
There's a fat and thin bit to the wheel hub .
10 year old post Mr Fiddler, in fact the fella asking the question hasn't been on the site for 10 years so I doubt he'll read your post... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...