what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:10 pm Moved 'em all out & spent a couple of hours fixing LED Baton lights up...

Had to fix some wood longways between the rafters...

Got two up & wired in a 3rd in place but not wired in yet & one more to fix in & wire up...

Have a wee test later on when its dark but I've left the old LED floods in place anyway, which are quite bright but don't seem to give great coverage. Defiantly have a dark spot that needs some light...
Those LED Batten lights are meant to be far superior to the fluorescent tube lights. It'll be interesting to hear what you think compared to your flood lights for spread Mac :?:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:51 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:10 pm Moved 'em all out & spent a couple of hours fixing LED Baton lights up...

Got two up & wired in a 3rd in place but not wired in yet & one more to fix in & wire up...

Have a wee test later on when its dark but I've left the old LED floods in place anyway, which are quite bright but don't seem to give great coverage. Defiantly have a dark spot that needs some light...
Those LED Batten lights are meant to be far superior to the fluorescent tube lights. It'll be interesting to hear what you think compared to your flood lights for spread Mac :?:

Chris.
So I popped out later that night defiantly brighter in the Cave now...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I replaced a flourescent tube in my kitchen with an LED baton. Big improvement. It's technology Mac, time moves on.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:07 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:51 pm

Chris.
So I popped out later that night defiantly brighter in the Cave now...
8) 8) that's good Mac :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They'll attract more flies and moths for Frank.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Brought the bike into the garage so I can try and sort the ignition issues without freezing to death. I just stared at it for a while and it felt good.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Time for the pegaso to get a new rear boot.the road 5 lasted 5k but just for a change im trying a Angel on it.Image

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Great to have a new tyre with that perfect shape again :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I got the Tuono running.
I have a tracker fitted, and it sends me an alert when the lithium battery drops to 12.5 volts.
At that stage it drops like a stone! It loses about 1v each day.

So by the time the weekend comes around, it's dropped to 8 volts.

But plugging in an old mains battery charger brings it back up again after a couple of hours. I charge it off the bike and outside the garage- we've all seen the runaway lithium battery fires- but it doesn't seem to cause any problems, and when back in the bike it starts and runs perfectly well, charging and topping up until it will settle at 13.5 volts.
It maintains that for three or four weeks until I get another low battery warning message.

I could remove the battery for the winter. I'm not getting it out while there's salt in the roads, because I don't want to have to clean it after a ride. But if I did, the tracker stops working, and that gets me cheaper insurance.

It's good to hear the poor old abused thing singing again.

I could buy a lithium battery tender, but I'd rather not leave anything connected permanently to the battery in case it malfunctions and overcharges- as said, the consequences aren't good when lithiums misbehave.

So I've reset the warning low battery voltage limit and it will now tell me when it drops to 12.8 volts. If I'm quick off the mark it might start on the button so I don't have to disconnect and remove the battery each time, but to be fair it's only a couple of bolts and lifting the seat off.

Oh, and I finally got round to fitting the carbon fibre pillion seat cover. It looks better than I thought it would, so I suppose that I'd best buy some more carbon bits to finish the job.

Side panels and the front tank cover might look good.

Lastly, I fitted the replacement top cross shaped section on my quadlock mount. There's a rubber gasket that didn't like the temperature when I was out in Spain with Alastair, and broke. The mount still worked fine, but the gasket makes it nice and snug.
I contacted Quadlock, and they sent me a free of charge replacement. They're not a cheap option, but you can't fault the product or their after sales service.
Last edited by tony.mon on Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You've been a busy boy Tony :clap: :clap:

Fingers crossed Santa doesn't let you down regarding some more carbon bits :shh: :lol:

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I tried again to get the damn thing started but still no joy. It turns over fine, I have a spark so the only thing left is fuel right? I haven't got time today to pull the carbs off and check for blockages, have to do that on Thursday. Am I missing anything else?

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

When mines cold it's the same. I could leave it on a street and nobody could start the dam thing lol .it has a certain amount of choke throttle it needs or it just does not start.. thankfully if learnt the rite amount of each. .

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

fabiostar wrote:When mines cold it's the same. I could leave it on a street and nobody could start the dam thing lol .it has a certain amount of choke throttle it needs or it just does not start.. thankfully if learnt the rite amount of each. .

Interesting. It was running fine so maybe there's something in that.

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mines like an italian woman when it's cold lol unless u tickle its belly right it refuses lol

Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

fabiostar wrote:Mines like an italian woman when it's cold lol unless u tickle its belly right it refuses lol

I get better results when I tickle the flange Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project