Indicators

General Bike chat
davebonline

Indicators

Post by davebonline »

Hi

My VTR has horrible non-standard indicators fitted and they flash really fast as well (which I hate), I think this is down to them having too low a bulb wattage (they're not LED).

Anyway, I was looking round on eBay and wondering if a few different Honda indicators would fit the VTR as VTR ones are few and far between and seem to go for £15+ a pop! You can get a full set of other pattern Honda ones for around £25 so I was hoping someone could shed some light on whether others would fit - I can see the main problem being the fitment through the top fairing holes?

Any help much appreciated, thanks :)
Wicky

Re: Indicators

Post by Wicky »

M&P do pattern OEM firestorm indicators - you'll need x2 front right / rear left and x2 front left / rear right.

Front ones are the same as the rear and bolt on to the fairing's inner panel
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
xeris

Post by xeris »

Indicators for an RC51, SP1 & Sp2 will fit, IIRC. May give you more options.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
davebonline

Post by davebonline »

Thanks both.

Wicky, the M&P OEM ones are nearly £20 a corner which is way too much. I was looking to spend around £25 all in.

Xeris, thanks for your suggestions, I'll take a look on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

davebonline wrote:Thanks both.

Wicky, the M&P OEM ones are nearly £20 a corner which is way too much. I was looking to spend around £25 all in.

Xeris, thanks for your suggestions, I'll take a look on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
JEEEES £25 all round, you'll be lucky to find anything half decent for that, why don't you just hang on till Christmas, you might find some in a cracker.

Most aftermarket indicators are cheap looking and are very poor quality, plus they usally look awful, many advertise pattern Indicators for a VTR FireStorm but when you fit them you find they have a 10W bulb in them instead of 21W, and you wont be able to put the 21W bulb in the holder because the housing is too small, so consequently they rapid flash, the only way to stop it is to fit a different flasher relay, or fit resisters to each indicator to account for the 11W missing, there are other cowboy ways of getting round it, but I wouldn't recommend them.
You'll find that genuine honda ones from a CBR FireBlade, or an SP2 around the 2002 to 2004 era will fit, but unless you buy the correct corner i.e. front right, rear left etc you'll find you'll have to mess about a bit with the lenses as they are not quite interchangeable, it's not difficult to sort out, you just have to file a lug off.
Like I mentioned you'll be lucky to find genuine, or quality indicators for the money you're willing to spend, I would say genuine Honda indicators, second hand would be selling on ebay for about £20 to £25 each.
I went the whole hog and replaced all mine with genuine Aprilia RSV indicators, they look the part, and in my opinion suite the bike well.
It was a lot of work, but I'm quite happy to put the work in if it gives the desired result.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cheekykev wrote: I went the whole hog and replaced all mine with genuine Aprilia RSV indicators, they look the part, and in my opinion suite the bike well.
It was a lot of work, but I'm quite happy to put the work in if it gives the desired result.
Bloody hell, Kev, a non-standard part?
You are getting daring....
:)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Hey Tony, they are a genuine part, they're just Aprilia :lol:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Fiddler

Post by Fiddler »

Looks like my front indicators originally were VW Beetle front top of the wing indicators . They were genuine VW. .now removed and replaced with stalk type. When I got it only the metal part there . No light .
Looked like it was an air intake .