silly question

General Bike chat
haynesjones66

silly question

Post by haynesjones66 »

i've been looking at lowering the footpegs on mine and there's a lot of info on here. but has anyone tried fitting varadero footpeg plates? just wondering.
fabiostar

Re: silly question

Post by fabiostar »

Not something iv seen done, worth having a look at tho :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Pezed

Post by Pezed »

Hi. I don’t think that is a silly question, I can easily see why someone might want to lower the ground clearance and scrape their way around a gentle curve! No, seriously, I’ve been thinking about having some lower pegs available for my pillion rider. She finds the standard ones a bit uncomfortable with her knees being forced under her armpits! I don’t find the rider pegs too bad though. 🤔
Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i suppose the pegs would scrape a lot quicker but i dont ride like i used to. the usual mod of zx9 pegs is a good idea but still too scrunched for me. cant afford a lower bike so modifying what i have
RodneyT

Post by RodneyT »

I got these off eBay for about $70 (Aus). They are multi adjustable and nicely made.
Got them to raise the footpegs so I don't scrape the pegs at the track, but they can easily be adjusted so the footpeg is lower. Was looking for rearsets but found these and very easy to install.

One thing I did do to them is file the ends of the pegs as they're quite sharp where they're undercut and I kept gouging my shins on them in the shed. Yet to try them in anger but they feel comfortable sitting on the bike with it on a paddock stand
RodneyT

Post by RodneyT »

Forgot to mention these offset the pegs by 25mm. They're also available with 40mm offset
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

RodneyT wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:08 am Forgot to mention these offset the pegs by 25mm. They're also available with 40mm offset
iv just bought something similar for the rear pegs on the triumph to lower them for the wee lassy when she goes pillion, worked a treat :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

RodneyT wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:07 am I got these off eBay for about $70 (Aus). They are multi adjustable and nicely made.
Got them to raise the footpegs so I don't scrape the pegs at the track, but they can easily be adjusted so the footpeg is lower. Was looking for rearsets but found these and very easy to install.

One thing I did do to them is file the ends of the pegs as they're quite sharp where they're undercut and I kept gouging my shins on them in the shed. Yet to try them in anger but they feel comfortable sitting on the bike with it on a paddock stand
Some years ago a friend of mine had a set of these for his Firestorm, his were set in the lower position. The only thing he had a problem with was getting the brake pedal in a suitable place. The adjustable gear change lever side was not a problem. Talking of gear change lever's, I see you have a non original fitted to your bike Rodney ?

Chris.
RodneyT

Post by RodneyT »

Ive used a gear lever from the spare rear-set bits I got with a CBR300 track bike (sh!tloads of fun) 'cos the original had a really worn bush and I kept missing changes. The lever I have on it now has ball bearings and takes all the slop out of the linkage. Since i did that I've had bugger all missed changes
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

RodneyT wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:26 am Ive used a gear lever from the spare rear-set bits I got with a CBR300 track bike (sh!tloads of fun) 'cos the original had a really worn bush and I kept missing changes. The lever I have on it now has ball bearings and takes all the slop out of the linkage. Since i did that I've had bugger all missed changes
That makes sense, I didn't think it looked like some of the one's I'd seen before. I like the idea of a ball type bearing built in 8) 8)

Chris.