VTR facebook page bans any non VTR posts!

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I admit to being a non contributing member of the VTR facebook page as it’s a good lesson on what’s wrong with the modern world and why I like it here better………. But the latest decision driven by complaints from members is to outlaw any post or pictures that are not VTR related!!!!!

Morning all, or evening depending where you are.
As of now we will only accept VTR related posts. If you are out for brekky on your VTR, fine. Maintenance on your VTR, fine. Holiday on your VTR, fine. Etc etc.

Lads don’t be cheeky about this, posting a picture of a VTR, shock link, with your XYZ bike firmly centered in the shot, is unacceptable. Posting humorous motorcycle content is OK as we all need a laugh everyday.
As admins and mods we are spending an inordinate amount of time on this issue. We cannot continue to do so, instead we will be just pushing the suspend for 30 days button, after suspension is served, if an individual continues to post non VTR content (that is other make/brand/model centric), then it’s a ban for life. The admins and mods do not get paid to do what we do, and we all have busy lives off the page. So sadly the squeaky wheel gets the fly swatter from now on.

And even madder than that they have now got Ducati owning Duffy roped in to be a moderator :lol:

Thank god we still have common sense over in this corner of the inter web
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Re: VTR facebook page bans any non VTR posts!

Post by Duffy1964 »

Al, they didn’t like my views on the new rules and tried to make me a moderator. It isn’t a patch on this forum and is more like a primary school with all the in my opinion silly bickering. I have now deleted all my posts and left the group.
There are some good people there, but I have decided it’s not for me.
P.S The Ducati is up for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bloody helll, it’s all kicking off in FB world :lol:

So if the multi is for sale, what’s the new bike going to be?
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I am thinking there needs to be a mass protest where we all post pictures of our non VTRs till we get banned
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Posts about breakfasts are allowed; they just won't allow pictures of any other make or model of bike.
It's getting a bit puritan on that site. The power has gone to the Mod's heads, but then, we're coming up to Mayday, and traditionally, the Mods always kick off this time of year.

Obviously, there are lots of other VTR sites available. So, like Duffy, I will transfer my allegiance (such as it was) elsewhere.

However, there's some fun to be had before I'm banned for life, so this morning I posted a pic of my wholemeal bread and olives continental breakfast served on a picture of an SP2, which should meet the rules as amended.

As it's Facebook, (the home of the daft question), I asked which oil was best?
I can't resist a good pi55take when people are too up-themselves. :wave:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Bloody helll, it’s all kicking off in FB world :lol:

So if the multi is for sale, what’s the new bike going to be?
Not sure yet as I have a frozen shoulder and can’t ride atm. Maybe a Triumph tiger sport. The Ducati is worrying me as service costs are expensive and not something I can fix myself, plus I can’t justify keeping it as not putting enough mileage on it.

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

AMCQ46 wrote:I am thinking there needs to be a mass protest where we all post pictures of our non VTRs till we get banned
I did that and said ban me, I was told to ban myself Image

Duffy1964
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Frozen shoulder doesn’t sound good, suspect it is caused by either too much DJ’ing, drinking or w*nking……. :lol:
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Frozen shoulder doesn’t sound good, suspect it is caused by either too much DJ’ing, drinking or w*nking……. :lol:
All 3 mate Image

Duffy1964
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:55 am
AMCQ46 wrote:Frozen shoulder doesn’t sound good, suspect it is caused by either too much DJ’ing, drinking or w*nking……. :lol:
All 3 mate Image

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:21 pm I admit to being a non contributing member of the VTR facebook page as it’s a good lesson on what’s wrong with the modern world and why I like it here better………. But the latest decision driven by complaints from members is to outlaw any post or pictures that are not VTR related!!!!!

Morning all, or evening depending where you are.
As of now we will only accept VTR related posts. If you are out for brekky on your VTR, fine. Maintenance on your VTR, fine. Holiday on your VTR, fine. Etc etc.

Lads don’t be cheeky about this, posting a picture of a VTR, shock link, with your XYZ bike firmly centered in the shot, is unacceptable. Posting humorous motorcycle content is OK as we all need a laugh everyday.
As admins and mods we are spending an inordinate amount of time on this issue. We cannot continue to do so, instead we will be just pushing the suspend for 30 days button, after suspension is served, if an individual continues to post non VTR content (that is other make/brand/model centric), then it’s a ban for life. The admins and mods do not get paid to do what we do, and we all have busy lives off the page. So sadly the squeaky wheel gets the fly swatter from now on.

And even madder than that they have now got Ducati owning Duffy roped in to be a moderator :lol:

Thank god we still have common sense over in this corner of the inter web
Is this something that went out on April 1st :?: as it sounds like it, mind you it's given me some idea's :lol: :lol:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well here's my tuppenth's worth...for what it's worth. The said site 'Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm owners!' is fairly good, I've no idea why the recent ruling was introduced & to be honest I'd rather see a a bike no mater what it is than a pic of someone's feking breakfast !

There are some knowledgeable people on there who give sage advice but for every one there are a 100 fuk wits. My fave at the moment is with anyone who asks about a poor running bike it's instantly a full strip down of the carbs. Of course it's a must that they are ultrasonically cleaned & everything that can be changed is replaced with OME parts.

Personally when I give advice on there I make sure it's a nice long detailed answer knowing full well most of them are on a phone so wont read it all anyway.

So despite the 'Ban' I will continue to follow that page, it's good for selling tat for a start...hahahaha & it's better than the ultra fekwit other page 'Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm' .

At the end of the day it's a social media page open to the whole world, as long as you answer a few simple questions to join.

A while back they asked me to be a moderator. I declined on the grounds of A/ I would have instantly banned all streetfighters. B/ all teal bikes. C/ I may of been racist toward blue bikes. D/ Most importantly couldn't be arsed.

Finally what's the best oil/tyres /battery for my Storms ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
ItsaKeeper

Post by ItsaKeeper »

Be warned that up my neck of the woods I can report any negative comments on my blue firestorm as a hate crime :D :D :D

Mind you if all Scots police are tied up with that desktop administration there should be less doing speed checks :shh:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

My Aprilia is now identifying as a VTR, and I think that we should respect its wishes.

How "pure" does a VTR have to be in order to be in their site?
If a VTR had non-standard parts, is that ok? And how many non-standard parts?
Is Alastair's Yammie dragster ok (it has a Storm chain guard).

I think they've dug themselves a big hole.

Mac, have you banned Phil from your workshop day yet, in case he's offended by motorcycles that aren't VTR's? He'd hate to miss a chance to put up a post about your bacon sandwiches.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:55 am
All 3 mate Image

all at once :lol: im impressed :lol: owning any yamaha stroker makes shoulders worse so start by selling them :clap: :lol: .

and i seen that ban on non vtr stuff :confused ... i do use the page as it how i sell most of my flywheels to folks tho in general i dont use faceacke as much these days as its the same old same old on any bike page.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

The strokers are my medicine
I don’t own a VTR anymore but it was good to keep in touch with some of them. But that said they are all mostly on here anyway. The Facebook one was just junk cluttering my phone so I had a clear out

Duffy1964