honda cbr600fy or kwak zx7r??????

General Bike chat
stu9000

honda cbr600fy or kwak zx7r??????

Post by stu9000 »

Im sorry but I need a change. Ive had the VTR for years now. Its been good but im still getting more vibration than id like so its change time.

Im a bit broke so cant really put more money in the pot than i could get for my vtr, which is pretty immaculate but has done 30k.
I reckon 2k?

ZX7r is a sexy lookin bike and i could pick one up with less than 20k miles. Supposed to be great cornering bikes but getting on a bit tech wise and a bit heavy at 447 pounds dry weight.

VTR dry weight is 423 pounds.

I borrowed my brothers honda cbr600fy for a week, just to remind myself what an in line 4 was like. A very nice bike actually but somehow not as zexy looking as the kwak. Once I got used to pushing the revs up it goes like a rocket too.

So... anyone ridden a zx7r. Are the comfy? Suspension too hard? Too heavy? Or should I talk my bro into parting with his little used cbr?

Cheers all
Stu
red is the fastest colour;)
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Well, I am looking at the moment on that famous internet selling site and you won't get 2K for a thirty thousand miler however sweet it is.
97/98 bikes with 18-24K max are only getting about 1700ukp if yer lucky!

Good luck with the change though. I reckon twisting yer Bro's arm might be the best course of action with family discount and all that!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

sold mine for £1800.
99 with just over 30 k. The first couple of garages didn't even want it as a trade in 8O .
Happy hunting

Pete.l
stu9000

Post by stu9000 »

hmmm - was going to put it in for 1900 but even that sounds a bit optimistic now.

Been riding the cbr quite a lot. fun fun
red is the fastest colour;)