General Biker Banter
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Rich.

kevg

Post by kevg »

i have blue flame, high level.

i don't think there is a difference in sound between high and low, most manufactureres make both, the difference is in wether you keep the baffles in or not, if they are supplied with them at all, i think Kaz's might be marked not for road use, mine are BS stamped, so you take your chances with whatever you buy.

baffles allow you to get an MOT easily without the hassle of changing the cans, most storms with race cans are extreamly loud, to the point of being to loud for some but thats the way they should be, awsome to hear.

as for which is better high or low level, thats personal choice, i don't think it makes much difference other than visually, although you might get some extra ground clearance, Ben might be able to comment on that as he races a storm
cheerz

kev
vtrkid

scorpion race cans

Post by vtrkid »

Kev, I ordered some scorpion race cans, but it didnt say if they come with baffles or not-Itake it they`re easy to put in and take out for the MOT?
When I have them I`ll put a sound clip on here (watch your bass bins) 8)
kevg

Post by kevg »

if they are race cans you have bought chances are they won't have baffles, but if they are road legal race cans then they might, i guess you'll have to wait and see what you get.

keep an eye out for decibel killers, or similar baffles, they are bolt in, you might just need to drill a small hole in the end spout to be able to bolt them in for the MOT.
cheerz

kev