remus revolution pipes

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
pegaso93

remus revolution pipes

Post by pegaso93 »

... a while ago in this forum (I think!) I was soliciting opinions on aftermarket cans - finally bought 'em, stucke 'em on, and LOVE THEM! Broom Broom - rolling thunder!

...one question - I got the high mount cans, with spacers to replace the pillion pegs but have noticed the empty bracket below the pegs now and it looks naff. Any suggestions short of shaving that bit of the peg off? Cheers. Kerry
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

hi kerry, have you got any picks coz i dont really understand the bracket your on about?
i have remus high level cans too and can fit them with the pillion peg/brackets on or off, withiut leaving anything unsightly.
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Ed,
I think what Kerry is refering to is the lug on the bottom of the pillion footpeg where the stock cans mount to

Some aftermarket cans use this and a bracket to mount the cans too, the Remus ones come with their own plate that bolts to the subframe and mounts the cans from there so this lug is left doing nothing but looking untidy

My Remus' If you look closely you can see the redundant hole on the bottom of the pillion peg hanger

Mates Art high levels (ignore the seat sniffing smurf!

Kerry,
My TOP TIP for your cans is to speak to AN Other can manufacturer and get some different mounting straps
The ones that came with my Remus' were just plain metal and they made rather a mess of the cans. Art kindly send me a pair of the straps from their oval cans which come with a rubber lining which stops it chafing on the can
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

haha me comprendi now, sorry mate wasnt thinking. same as on mine actually :oops:
tell ya the truth i never thought about it either.
pegaso93

thanks

Post by pegaso93 »

Thanks guys! Haven't remounted the pilly pegs yet - doesn't look as bad on on yer bikes as I thought it would.

One more stoopid Q: My cans went on slightly asymetrically - wonky if you please - anyone else have the same result? Everything's done up properly yadayada but would it be worth taking it to the shop to see if they can straighten them up?

Kerry
Ride dammit!
pegaso93

ps

Post by pegaso93 »

ps - my cans (stainless revolution GP) came with rubber for the can clips - remus must've learned something since you got yours :wink:
Ride dammit!
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

hello again, have you checked the spacer size? mine were different sized?
one is if i remember 5ish mm different to the other so you end up with a mad differance in space between number plate etc and can, just swap them over.
the other thing is that the collet on the header pipes moves so if you loosen the header/link pipes only a little bit and give itsome muscle it'll all come into shape.
i think :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Also (may help) don't tighten up the clamps and mounting points all the way until you have aligned the can's up properly first :!:

Chris.
pegaso93

Post by pegaso93 »

:) will have a play - thanks again for the advice.
Kerry
Ride dammit!