BUGGER ! Thought things were going too good.Help please !

General Bike chat
Mart

BUGGER ! Thought things were going too good.Help please !

Post by Mart »

Popped out tonight for a bit of a spin and noticed when i got back there was green coolant leaking down the left side engine casing, so i thought i'd wip it on the paddock stand and take a look....SH1T !! There she goes, dropped the bugger didn't I.
Luckily all thats damaged is the screen, bloody deep scratch, FECK !!

So, can anyone recommend a nice looking screen, similar to the original but with a light tint and preferably with a similar kind of shading on the front around the Honda logo.

Also (call me Mr.Stoopid) but you can take your bike to ANY authorised Honda dealer for warranty work, can't you..?
W@zzA

screen

Post by W@zzA »

Dont worry about the shading, I got some Honda decals from a stand at Brands and masked and sprayed the INSIDE of my new screen :!: now looks original 8)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Mart,
I've got an original screen in my garage collecting dust if you want it. Or if not, why not have a look at M&P they do loads of after market screens. treat yourself to a nice double bubble one or something in what ever colour or tint you fancy.

Pete.l
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

From memory they do really nice iridium ones too.......
Mart

Post by Mart »

I've been looking at the M & P site and they do loadsa different ones, but i need to see one "in the flesh" so to speak. I bought a dark double bubble for my last Storm and it looked awful.
If anyone has any pics of their screens on bikes and they know exactly what make they are,I would be very grateful.
Thanks for the offer of the original screen, i'll buy it off you if I can't get a screen I really like.

p.s.
I got the coolant leak fixed today under warranty, a big hand goes to M & S Motorcycles of Durham for their prompt attention.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I've got a Harris black double bubble that I may be persuaded to part with
Looks the muts nuts but is solid black in colour so you can't see through it

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/displa ... g&comment=

Drop me a line if you're interested
ben_916_uk @ yahoo.co.uk

Ben
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hi Mart,

IMHO The MRA screens are top dog in my book. Theres one on my bike shown in the gallery

Cheers

PS The exact same thing happened to my bike on a paddock stand! Everyone else - DONT USE THEM! Get yourself one of Jons stands.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i got a powerbronze black tinted double bubble......

(not particulary good piccy of the screen)

http://www.gripdon.btinternet.co.uk/essy/Sep3066.jpg
Mart

Where..??

Post by Mart »

Wayne, have you a link to the piccy of yer bike cos i can't even find the gallery nevermind yer bike 8O and where do we buy these MRA screen thingys then..?

btw...have you recieved my letter..?
Mart

Post by Mart »

Scratch that, i've found it.. :D
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hi Matey

Just got home from Manchester and your letter was here waiting for me - blimey that was brave Im surprised the contents made it past those thieving barstewerds at the PO!

Ive got family other this weekend so I doubt Ill get to the PO If not Ill send on Monday.

Get to the gallery via the "Upload your pictures to the gallery" link at the top of the page. I got mine from the net somewhere - might have been hps or something like that - Ill find the invoice and let you know.

Cheers
Mart

Post by Mart »

Okey dokey.. :D

Tried to get a light tinted standard screen today and no-one on the planet keeps them, Powerbronze said they would make one for me, it'll take 7/10 days.